A Discussion about the state of the Classic Client in 2024 (Continued)

MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 105
edited August 14 in General Discussions

For some unknown reason the last thread on this discussion was prematurely closed. While we did received a message from a developer, it's rather clear that the conversation doesn't just end there.

It’s important that we’re able to continue discussing the client. We all know that talking about third-party clients is off-limits, but are we really not allowed to discuss the official client in the UO forums now? Please update us on the rules if so.

We did receive an official response from a developer:

Kyronix
 said: 

"We've heard your feedback and will share any future developments with you.  Thanks again!"

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/14512/a-discussion-about-the-state-of-the-classic-client-in-2024#latest

It’s crucial that we keep this conversation going to provide the feedback developers need to understand what we’re looking for in an updated client.

So, let’s talk about the key features that should be included in an updated client for those of us who still use the Classic Client which—last we heard—is still being used by half of the player base.

And please, refrain from just telling others to "just switch to EC." There are obviously reasons why half the player base still prefers the classic client.

Comments

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 382
    Since you’ve continued the thread, what specifically are you looking for here?
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 105
    edited August 14
    Oreogl said:
    Mainly feedback so the developers have an idea what people are interested in.

As stated in my last thread; for me it would be great if the classic client had an option to scale the game to 2K and 4K resolutions. Higher frames would also be great to have, instead of being locked at 13fps. 

A lot of the reasons why I prefer the Classic Client is because it has a lot of the original art, but also the ability to play the older music in the game as well with being able to adjust the config file in the music folder.

My main reasons fall behind visuals, but I do know there are others that would like to see some of the quality of life features from EC or even other 3rd party clients that brought the classic experience into 2024.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    Thread was closed. Devs responded.  Move along.

If they make a new client, it will have what they want, not what posters want.  Thank god.

@Mariah is is against the rules to start a new thread based on a closed one.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 382
    Oreogl said:
    Mainly feedback so the developers have an idea what people are interested in.

As stated in my last thread; for me it would be great if the classic client had an option to scale the game to 2K and 4K resolutions. Higher frames would also be great to have, instead of being locked at 13fps. 

A lot of the reasons why I prefer the Classic Client is because it has a lot of the original art, but also the ability to play the older music in the game as well with being able to adjust the config file in the music folder.

My main reasons fall behind visuals, but I do know there are others that would like to see some of the quality of life features from EC or even other 3rd party clients that brought the classic experience into 2024.
    Perhaps you can edit down your first post here to add a bullet point list for easier reference.

I’m interested to see, more so because I’ve stuck to CC and tried the EC briefly.

extra FPS would be nice.

The functionality has gotten better to the point I don’t need UOAssist much.  I’d like to see them add a mouse wheel option for macros though.

i don’t see them adding a recording function.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,416
    Pawain said:

If they make a new client, it will have what they want, not what posters want.  Thank god.

@ Mariah is is against the rules to start a new thread based on a closed one.
    Just because you do not have a problem with the current state of both clients does not mean the rest of the UO players base does not.  There is plenty wrong with the CC when it comes to QoL functions.  The EC also has bugs but you would not understand that because you play the CC as I do but I also read posts about the EC where you just post your usual BLAH BLAH BS.  I would love to have CC Graphics with the EC UI and a better frame rate for the CC and then maybe UO could get to ONE client only.

Funny how you attempt to throw the first JAB/troll here.
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 84
    Pawain said:

@ Mariah is is against the rules to start a new thread based on a closed one.

Why are you shadow moderating my dude. If you think a poster is breaking rules, click the FLAG option below their username and take your own advice and move along.

The Dev Response was pretty much a textbook non-response, and honestly between Kyronix's attitude here and Messana's attitude during the meet and greets, I'm honestly at times ready to cancel my account. Why give people that have no respect for their customers my continued patronage?

At the same time, I realize some people are aggressively against them and think sometimes their feelings color what they say and it's just the result of having the wrong people in the wrong roles.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 518Moderator
    Do not reopen this thread please. 
This discussion has been closed.