Thx for breaking the game(UNPLAYABLE)

Its unplayable now thx to your 3rd party BS cant use classic UO client anymore means its unplayable because the default wow client is garbage outdated and runs like crap on modern computers time to cancel my membership due to not being able to play classic client anymore cant play the game with my monitor on default client

Comments

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 95
    edited July 28
    I am playing UO since 1997. I only ever played the 2D Client (Classic Client). I am still playing happily with it today. Not sure what "breaking the game" and "unplayable" for you is?

*points to signature*
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • GiMpYGiMpY Posts: 3
    Vagabond said:
    I am playing UO since 1997. I only ever played the 2D Client (Classic Client). I am still playing happily with it today. Not sure what "breaking the game" and "unplayable" for you is?

*points to signature*
    are you using a 30 year old pc with a CRT monitor yeah it would be fine for you then.
  • SableSable Posts: 247
    edited July 28
    My laptop died and I just bought a new laptop.  Playing on 2d just fine.  What illegal 3rd party program are you using with it that you can't do without?  Does it rhyme with phaser?
  • GiMpYGiMpY Posts: 3
    Sable said:
    My laptop died and I just bought a new laptop.  Playing on 2d just fine.  What illegal 3rd party program are you using with it that you can't do without?  Does it rhyme with phaser?
    no just the Classic UO client the better one nothing else
    edited July 28
    GiMpY said:
    Sable said:
    no just the Classic UO client the better one nothing else
    Yeah, I'm using classic and I have noticed no difference.  What has changed for you?  Offer up specifics so at least the dev team can look into what might be wrong.  Oh and also be sure it's the changes broadsword has made causing the problems.  The majority of issues I wind up encounter are due to windows updates that I have to go back through and clean up issues that "New Microsoft Content" causes.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    He means classicUO not the classic client 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BenBen Posts: 235
    Not sure if it is related, but for the first time ever I can not get the game to patch and load. This started only a few days ago.

McDougle said:
    Oh, I'm not familiar with that.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    Sable said:
    McDougle said:
    Oh, I'm not familiar with that.
    Me either but like huggy bear I got my ear to the street 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited July 28
    The client he's talking about is sort of like a painstakingly cleaned up and improved EC, but with CC graphics and a ton of quality-of-life improvements even outside of the "cheaty" stuff. It's the client everyone here wishes Broadsword would have made. They even ported it to Mac and Linux.

Once you've gotten used to it, trying to use the sad broken-down low-resolution low-framerate official client is a massive and painful downgrade. I literally just finished packing up my brother's account for him so he wouldn't have to install it in order to quit.
    "cheaty" stuff: So does this mean there are features which give players using this client a competitive advantage over others?  Aside from that, this sounds great, especially being ported to Mac and Linux.  Start a campaign to petition EA/Broadsword to acquire the client.
  • usernameusername Posts: 783
    edited July 29
    Boohoo. I love all these people complaining about the client never ever mention they used it to multibox/script specifically to gain an advantage over other players and rmt. Nope, always the 'need muh 60fps' lie.

Good, quit, cya.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited July 29
    By "cheaty stuff" I mean it's got all the usual scripting crap built in. Lots of people who aren't especially interested in scripting nevertheless use it because it's just a much better experience overall, even if all you do is smack ettins and banksit. It's open source, too. You could go grab the complete code for it from github right now. I don't think there's ever been anything actually stopping the developers from taking it, ripping the scripting parts out, and publishing it themselves.

People on freeshards are in many ways playing a much better version of UO than we are. You guys should be mad about it.
    edited July 29
    I'd settle for the same FPS the game used to have. At some point it actually got worse and became more choppy than it was originally. Some fix required to keep it running on modern Windows messed something up.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,254
    username said:
    Boohoo. I love all these people complaining about the client never ever mention they used it to multibox/script specifically to gain an advantage over other players and rmt. Nope, always the 'need muh 60fps' lie.

Good, quit, cya.

Agreed. Even OutL**ds has a hard stance on this crap.

@Kyronix i fully patched but am getting a patch error failure while i was trying to dual client to move gold around. Will this be fixed or are we back down to 1 account at a time?
  • lux113lux113 Posts: 6
    Urge said:
    username said:

Good, quit, cya.

Agreed. Even OutL**ds has a hard stance on this crap.

A hard stance on what?  I use it to make the player screen full size - oh noes.  That's honestly the biggest benefit I get and it's crucial to the game being playable.

My characters are basically all 100 or 120 in skills, and I buy my ore, I don't even really use macros - I mean, I have one that simply selects my pickaxe.. that's all it does.  Another simply selects the shovel and then the treasure map when i'm digging for treasure.  I have another that takes the tedious nature of selecting wool and clicking to make cloth.  Those are the only ones I can even think of.  None even used unattended.  I could generally exist without Razor, wouldn't want to, but It's not crucial. Probably could manage to do what I do with macros in the regular client, or most of it.

ClassicUO though IS crucial to the game functioning in any sort of enjoyable manner.

As I said in another post, no, I don't cheat or have any interest in cheating - why?   I've got endless gold - my characters are developed - I don't pvp - I don't even mine.  Seriously, I just want to play the game - and I'm not going to play it using a what, 4" by 4" inch player screen - it's terrible, it's insulting.  I settled for it in the 1990's because that's what existed, now there's no excuse for it.  You have practically no paying players and you do this?  

And as I said in the other post, how has cheating negatively affected me?  I've never been attacked.  Maybe some prices went up due to some sort of duping or unattended mining.. so?  Gold is endless.  I fight stuff, I craft.  Players cheating doesn't have an impact on my UO life.

I have no idea what classicuo is or can do but as far as the tiny screen references that are being tossed out i find to be false. This is my screen on a 42in tv. I have a foot and a half of game screen. 

As far as looks, it looks like a game made in 1997 as it should. 

1.png 581.5K
    To be honest, I did find that I can increase the size somewhat after changing some settings,  Honestly, my guess is they probably added new display settings to the CC in the like 15 years I wasn't playing UO - and in my return to UO I started pretty much from day one with the 3rd party client - so I had never dived into the settings in CC.

Still though, in the 3rd party client I speak of you can just click and drag the corner of the player window and just resize to whatever size you want, don't see why that's a difficult feature to add. 

For the most part though the size of the player window was my biggest grievance, and it's big enough for me now to be playable, so that only leaves all the smaller things (like auto door open, bigger containers, grid system containers, being able to just loot when you click an item,  better customizations to stats, etc)

Who knows, maybe some of those things exist in the original client, it's been so long since I've used it I'm going to have to explore the menus to find out.

Is there an option to loot items when you double click int he original client instead of having to drag them? 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    I can't see a problem myself.
    edited July 29
    nah, there's nothing but auto open corpses.

I don't know. It's definitely going to be a worse play experience without a 3rd party client, many tasks will be more repetitive, but the screen size issue isn't really a problem now.  My fault.

There's also the choppiness of the play that's an issue.  It just doesn't run as well.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    lux113 said:
    nah, there's nothing but auto open corpses.

I don't know. It's definitely going to be a worse play experience without a 3rd party client, many tasks will be more repetitive, but the screen size issue isn't really a problem now.  My fault.

Look at my picture more closely, I'm completely joking, don't beat yourself up. :)
    lux113 said:

Still though, in the 3rd party client I speak of you can just click and drag the corner of the player window and just resize to whatever size you want, don't see why that's a difficult feature to add. 

I get it now. It's about the same interface as O-lands. I assume they released their own modded version since classic is also prohibited there. It absolutely does look and run smoother so i would be all in for a version to be released here. 

The auto play and mini scripts i have a problem with. 

Ps: open door is an in game macro you can set to a key. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    This is not a topic for discussion on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.