Testing Vaults on TC1

BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
edited July 2018 in Test Center

Greetings All,

We are pleased to announce the vault system will be available for testing on TC1 by July 17th, 2018 at 3pm ET. The vault system will be accessible to all players. Players must use the gates provided at the Britain Commons to access the Vault Tokens. We want to give everyone interested in the vault system time to provide feedback, so head on over to TC1 and check them out! You can read all about the vault details here. Endless Journey accounts are able to deposit items directly from their bank to their vault even if their bank is overloaded.

For testing purposes all vault rentals will last 24 hours instead of 30 days.

There is a mandatory client patch associated with this release. Make sure you patch up your client before trying to access TC1 or production shards

See you in Britannia,
UO Team

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019

I forsee many new "rare" chests popping up.

Vault 7
    Vault 13
    Vault 101

-Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    They are shard-bound, which is nice...and hopefully people won't try to sell them as rares....I will loose what little respect I have if that happens :/

The system is very nice, I rented a vault, was able to deposit items into it, able to access it from all characters on that account..when I claimed it, it put the entire chest in my pack, so I rented another one and put that chest into it lol, will wait out the 24-hour timer to test what happens when they go unpaid.  So far so good, thanks team! Very nice system...of course I'm sure someone will figure out a way to break and/or exploit it but I'll leave that up to someone else ;) 

You have housing on TC Larisa? I wonder if they can be locked down/secured?

Interesting to see what happens to the chest when the timer runs out.

-Arroth
    No house I"m using an EJ account to see if that would interfere with anything...so far it doesn't seem too though it would be kinda cool to have one for deco/storage.

One thing  though that REALLY bothers me....the entrance to the vault....

Can you guys maybe do something about that roof? Can't see the doors when you are trying to come out! :)

Well you can see one door....but it would be nice to see both!

I also noticed something else....the vault locations menu...is that the number of vaults available in that town? I notice the numbers changing...I took this screenshot when I first logged in

This one I took a few minutes ago

So does that mean there are only 500 vaults available in each town? I mean, that's a LOT! I think more then enough but interesting to see where people are renting their vaults at..and that's the ONLY location you can access your vault correct?

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    Bleak said:

You can read all about the vault details here

Link is not correct. It has "staging.uo.com" at the start.

Here is the correct one: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/vaults/

Didn't even notice that, just followed the link on the main uo.com page...that must be a backend link.

edited July 2018

@Larisa
    It looks to me that you are correct and that is the number of vaults available at each location.

@Bleak or @Kyronix
    First, the vault system looks good. It seems simple and straightforward enough.

Now that you have added unique locations into the game (i.e. I can rent vaults in both Britain and Haven, but they are two different vaults) have you considered adding some information to the character profile (visible only to the player, like account age):

1. Where is the vault?
    2. When does it expire?

In other games this info might be held in a Journal, but in UO the Character Profile may be the closest we've got. (Loyalty Rating doesn't seem quite right to track such info.)

One could type notes in the profile themselves, but that would be visible to other players. Out of game notes or a spreadsheet is easy enough, but it would be nice to have an in-game method. This is especially true for those who don't have multi monitor setups and don't like to tab into/out of game. (Thinking of a friend of mine specifically.)

Could you add a second, private, page to the profile? Maybe display account age, vault locations, vault expirations, maybe x,y cords of the house that character owns, number of stable slots, %storage increase? Don't know, just tossing out an idea. 

Again, I'm thinking of a friend of mine, who will most certainly be able to remember where his first "main" vault is, but will complain to me bitterly about where he put his second, or third vault, and "why isn't there something in game" to show him where he rented and when the rent is due!

As an aside, are you all planning to email people a reminder when their rent is due? Paying UO Vault rent every couple of months may skip a lot of peoples minds.....

-Arroth
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    edited July 2018

@ Larisa
    It looks to me that you are correct and that is the number of vaults available at each location.

@ Bleak or @ Kyronix
    First, the vault system looks good. It seems simple and straightforward enough.

Now that you have added unique locations into the game (i.e. I can rent vaults in both Britain and Haven, but they are two different vaults) have you considered adding some information to the character profile (visible only to the player, like account age):

1. Where is the vault?
    2. When does it expire?

In other games this info might be held in a Journal, but in UO the Character Profile may be the closest we've got. (Loyalty Rating doesn't seem quite right to track such info.)

One could type notes in the profile themselves, but that would be visible to other players. Out of game notes or a spreadsheet is easy enough, but it would be nice to have an in-game method. This is especially true for those who don't have multi monitor setups and don't like to tab into/out of game. (Thinking of a friend of mine specifically.)

Could you add a second, private, page to the profile? Maybe display account age, vault locations, vault expirations, maybe x,y cords of the house that character owns, number of stable slots, %storage increase? Don't know, just tossing out an idea. 

Again, I'm thinking of a friend of mine, who will most certainly be able to remember where is first "main" vault is, but will complain to me bitterly about where he put his second, or third vault, and "why isn't there something in game" to show him where he rented and when the rent is due!

As an aside, are you all planning to email people a reminder when their rent is due? Paying UO Vault rent every couple of months may skip a lot of peoples minds.....

I will look into providing additional information upon renting a vault which will allow users to keep track of their vaults. Players receive in-game mail when they default on their vault rent. Players can currently prepay up to 3 months of the vault rent. We can make more adjustments based on feedback.

I also updated the title post with some additional EJ account information.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    so far so good.
    I rented a box, sent my character through the EJ gate.
    I was able to open my bank box and remove an item, which I put into my vault and took it out with another character on the same account (also having gone through the EJ gate first), I can only do this through the vault manager's context menu where I have a rented vault, using the minter or banker's context menu, or that of a vault manager where I have not rented a vault, I get the usual 'bank is too full' message.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited July 2018
    When I "received" my box it teleported me right next one and when I double clicked ANY VAULT BOX. But I can't seem to find my vault number anywhere on any of the boxes.

It seems to teleport everyone to that same spot, when is kinda of uncool as when you go to a bank, you don't want people looking over your shoulder when you are checking out your precious goods.

When I say Bank it has always told me the weight and number of items.

When I say Vault it does not give me any information. Maybe a vault gump like the bank vault with vault information. (like was mentioned above) This is important because to claim the vault, you need to have available space in your back pack. (yes stuff can be taken out manually, but that defeats the claim vault selection)
    When I place an item into the vault, it seems to "refresh" and close all the containers I have open. For someone living out of a vault, this could and will be frustrating.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Information discrepancy:

With EC and default grid container vault shows Vault # at the top, item count below
    With EC and legacy (or legacy grid) container vault shows item count below - vault number is lost
    With CC no vault number, no item count. 
    What are you targeting when you say this? The wall of vaults or the gump when you have your vault open?

When you mouse over some of the vaults on the wall it does show the vault number, some don't (In the CC)

When you have your own vault open it shows all the information.

I was teleported to a different location (Different account, new vault) with a number of 171, but it teleported me to vault number 22, which opens when I click on it.

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Is there a reason these tokens are account bound? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Because the vault is account bound
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited July 2018
    Larisa said:
    What are you targeting when you say this? The wall of vaults or the gump when you have your vault open?

When you mouse over some of the vaults on the wall it does show the vault number, some don't (In the CC)

When you have your own vault open it shows all the information.

I was teleported to a different location (Different account, new vault) with a number of 171, but it teleported me to vault number 22, which opens when I click on it.

Me? I am not targeting anything, I am just speaking vault and it opens, like the bank does.
    Saying bank give me information about my bank box. item count and weight held.
    Saying vault gives me no information about my vault locker. No item count, No weight held. But it teleports me to a spot.
    I am in classic client
    Gidge said:
    When I "received" my box it teleported me right next one and when I double clicked ANY VAULT BOX. But I can't seem to find my vault number anywhere on any of the boxes.

It seems to teleport everyone to that same spot, when is kinda of uncool as when you go to a bank, you don't want people looking over your shoulder when you are checking out your precious goods.

When I say Bank it has always told me the weight and number of items.

When I say Vault it does not give me any information. Maybe a vault gump like the bank vault with vault information. (like was mentioned above) This is important because to claim the vault, you need to have available space in your back pack. (yes stuff can be taken out manually, but that defeats the claim vault selection)
    When I place an item into the vault, it seems to "refresh" and close all the containers I have open. For someone living out of a vault, this could and will be frustrating.

As with any container, you must be within range to interact with it. Using the speech command near the vault manager will also open any active vault. As new vaults are added to the system new storage vaults are added so all players will not be teleported to the same spot. We will be adding more information in the next update as well as increasing the vault container gump size and improving the claim vault warning text. I will look into the closing of all containers when adding in items. 

Information discrepancy:

With EC and default grid container vault shows Vault # at the top, item count below
    With EC and legacy (or legacy grid) container vault shows item count below - vault number is lost
    With CC no vault number, no item count. 
    We will add a system message when the vault is opened to provide this information. 

All unclaimed defaulted vaults will be auctioned off in the Britain Commons. Each auction lasts 8 hours( 4 hours on TC1). Auctions will begin after maintenance when safes are available. Upon winning, auction players will have 3 days to collect their prize. You may view the contents of the vaults using the context menu.
    Question that was brought up by someone else....if there are a lot of items in the vault, and say an EJ account wins one...with their limited bank storage or anyone who keeps a lot of things in their banks, you say we'll have 3 days to collect the items..but do we have to take the entire vault at once or can we access it little by little over those 3 days so we'll have time to find and make room for whatever might be in there? Say I am on an EJ account with a 20-item bank and no house for storage and the vault I win has 50 items in it...I won't be able to take it all at once.

Larisa said:
    Question that was brought up by someone else....if there are a lot of items in the vault, and say an EJ account wins one...with their limited bank storage or anyone who keeps a lot of things in their banks, you say we'll have 3 days to collect the items..but do we have to take the entire vault at once or can we access it little by little over those 3 days so we'll have time to find and make room for whatever might be in there? Say I am on an EJ account with a 20-item bank and no house for storage and the vault I win has 50 items in it...I won't be able to take it all at once.
    If the winner attempts to claim their prize but cannot currently hold the vault due to item count or weight then the following will occur. First, a temporary storage is created which will be deleted after 3 hours of in-game time and the item is placed in this storage. Items in this temporary storage will attempt to place themselves individually into the winner's backpack over this time period. Also any commodity item will auto convert into a commodity deed. So the winner will have 3 hours of in-game time to make room in their backpack in order to receive their auction prize.