Cursed Items an Idea.

How about when a cursed item is set to spawn the system just deletes and pretend it never existed?

Just spawn the corpse with all the same stuff in it, just minus the cursed item.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I grab the light ones for turn in points.  I average 1000 points a day from junk loot.  The antique stuff unravels.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    So curious, why do you unravel the antiques but turn in the others? What's the difference?

And agreed on just removing the cursed loot. This game generates so much junk. It could do with a serious loot overhaul if it ever hopes to attract new players.
    Antique does not get turn in points.  Unless something has changed.

Sure I am for removing cursed and replacing with other rolls. :thumbs up
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I would say cursed items are an untapped resource. I’m sure for many trammel players, a cursed item would last longer than an antique item. 

I think people’s fears of losing them are greater than the actual likelihood. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

I was doing that.  Then I died in the Spider cave in Eodon and somehow was sent outside.  I could not get back in so I quit doing that.  You should be able to log off and on to return cursed items to you.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Undertaker's Staff will bring your whole corpse to you, I think you just need to be on the same subserver now.
    Undertaker's Staff will bring your whole corpse to you, I think you just need to be on the same subserver now.

I have that now.  I dont think I had 1 then. I used a whole one during Sorc Dungeon.  And it has a delay in Fel when killed by anything, says it only has delay when killed by another player.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2018

They don't exist on Siege. :)

But then we get double the amount of 50 stones, and 125 Str requirement.

Regarding all of those loot properties, I see them as unnecessary, an overcomplication, a waste of time and effort and reduction in the fun of gameplay. When many players have to use software (EC/scripts) to filter/loot for them, you know something is wrong.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited July 2018
    I used cursed items on my crafter as some of them are really great items!
    I take some cursed bows and carry them with me to play around with to see if I like the mixture of things on them. I carry some really nice cursed str jewelry to use when I get overweight carrying gold at the end of champs and the roof. The more I can carry, the less charges I have to use on my bag. I kind of look at it like Grandma's sweater, You'll wear in it a pinch, but would not mind if you forgot it on the back of a seat in the theatre.

I collect any item that is 2-3 stones to unravel as I can carry a lot and usually get a gain from the amount I can haul. (I am in no hurry for gains)
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Be good if they just had an option that a user could choose if they wanted to get them or not.