Corrupted portal no longer working ?

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited December 2021 in General Discussions
I know there is an issue with these. Preiously I had to raise and lower on a daily basis to get it to work.  Now it does not work at all. Even if I move it it’s broken

@Mesanna can these be fixed please when you get a chance ?

Comments

• You'll need to page a GM about yours specifically because all of mine are working and all the public ones I could find are working. Maybe show a picture of where yours is and how you are interacting with it so hopefully you can get it resolved.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think he's suggesting yours could be corrupt  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    I think he's suggesting yours could be corrupt  ;)
    Or at least a little shady . . .

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This may not be a problem with the crystal, but instead with the location. There is a known problem with the new pre-built keeps and castles and the working of both the vet reward crystal balls.
  • Mariah said:
    This may not be a problem with the crystal, but instead with the location. There is a known problem with the new pre-built keeps and castles and the working of both the vet reward crystal balls.
    Not to mention the known Z-axis problem. That's why i asked to see where and how it is being interacted with.  several issues that need to be fixed, but we may be able to offer a solution until then.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yup. A GM helped me make mine work. It is on my steps. But you have to be on the ground for it to work.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Yup. A GM helped me make mine work. It is on my steps. But you have to be on the ground for it to work.
    seems like putting them on the front end of the house plays hell with them.

• Go helped. You guys were right. It was badly placed. Was on a SA pedestal . Now it’s on the floor it works a charm.  Just looks bad laying around.  House deco ruined 
  • Go helped. You guys were right. It was badly placed. Was on a SA pedestal . Now it’s on the floor it works a charm.  Just looks bad laying around.  House deco ruined 
    Have you tried placing the portal and raising it, then putting the pedestal under it? Sometimes the sequence of placement matters

• yes, it was the pedestal that was causing problem,  even raising portal is fine, as soon as pedestal is underneath it stops working :(

• I’ve had some luck placing the crystal portals on jacked up crafted floor tiles. You might be able to slip a pedestal under it then. This hasn’t worked every time. I’ve no explanation for why it doesn’t work consistently. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2021
    yes, it was the pedestal that was causing problem,  even raising portal is fine, as soon as pedestal is underneath it stops working :(

just to be sure we are talking the same thing, this picture shows what you are discussing? yours will not work like this correct?  The reason I ask is because this one works, whether I am there or above it. i placed the pedestal and then dropped the portal on it and locked it down. it still may be an issue with where your pedestal is though.

• it was working,  then I had to raise and lower on. daily basis until it stopped,  now its on the floor it works fine. may have to tinker to see if I can get it on the pedestal again,  just like you have.....