VS

Hey, @Kyronix I think you missed one hamster feeding. VS is down after the maintenance. 
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    good to know that I am not the only one who noticed that.
    I tried on multiple shards and can't get it to work.
    I can't purchase any runebooks hehe
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

doing a patch a friday before christmas wow...

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    Fortis said:

doing a patch a friday before christmas wow...

With a less than a day notice. I am thinking they had to patch for the log4j vulnerability.
  • @Mariah ; Is VS supposed to still be down? It has been greyed out since yesterday afternoon.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As I've said before, I'm not a Dev. I'm afraid I don't know. Nor do I really expect them to be working Christmas day :(  Is it vital to your game play? We did manage without it for quite a few years.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mariah said:
    As I've said before, I'm not a Dev. I'm afraid I don't know. Nor do I really expect them to be working Christmas day :(  Is it vital to your game play? We did manage without it for quite a few years.

True, but then the "main" Vendors were mainly concentrated in and around Luna exactly because there wasn't the possibility to make global searches.

Now instead, as consequences of GVS, they are distributed on all the Shards territory.

All in all, an interesting micro-example of what on-line commerce is doing to the fabric of "brick & Mortars" Main Street (and Malls) detail commerce... B)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think it's the wisdom of doing this maintenance on the 24th knowing they wouldn't be around that bothers people...toss in this not the first time...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    on the other hand, if TimSt's guess is correct, they didn't have that much choice?
  • Mariah said:
    I know you aren't a Dev my friend, but you keep up with these things better than us. and I don't need it, but since they implemented it, it is nice to have. :) 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I am currently trying to gather holiday gifts on the remaining shards. Yesterday I did  LA, Baja, Napa, Drach and Europa. VS did not seem to be online.

This morning I am continuing in the futile hope of a rare candle ;) lol. I am currently on Oceania and VS seems to be working here. I think after maint. it takes some time before it re-populates or whatever it does, and just because it's Christmas doesn't mean the team isn't keeping an eye on things.