Veteran Reward Mount Question

Just curious is anyone able to ride all of the Veteran Reward Ethereal mounts? Or are some of them set for only that age of account?
Lady Sylph/Lady Gem Star
Atlantic/Legends

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    edited October 2021
    Age of account is only for claiming rewards. Any age can use them.

Some items are account bound.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Are you sure?  Read somewhere you had to have years of play equal to what was required for the mount.  When I first started to play another player tried to give me a polar bear and I could not ride it.  I was able to ride the first year mount she gave me.  
  • SylphSylph Posts: 24
    Pawain said:
    Age of account is only for claiming rewards. Any age can use them.

Some items are account bound.

Thank you again Pawain!
    Lady Sylph/Lady Gem Star
    Atlantic/Legends

• SirBoloSirBolo Posts: 12
    edited October 2021
    Arnold7 said:
    Are you sure?  Read somewhere you had to have years of play equal to what was required for the mount.  When I first started to play another player tried to give me a polar bear and I could not ride it.  I was able to ride the first year mount she gave me.  
    It was like that originally, but it was changed years ago, in Publish 83 in 2013:

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/previous-publishes/2013-2/publish-83-12th-september/

Now anyone can ride any ethereal mount.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    SirBoto thanks for the link.  Might buy one of these from vendor search now.  Glad to see that age limitation has been removed.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    1000 SOVs = 75M gold on Atl Shard
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 523
    edited October 2021
    I once tried to use my Ethy Polar Bear Statue again as i was in the process of summoning it, and received this message. "The statuette has no soul". Pretty funny.