Cancel the Shard Bound limit to Closed Events Armor Sets Items!!!

OK, now that the "of the Three" & "of Ice" Events have endeed and the relative Armor Sets Items are non more farmable, I REALLY wish to hear (from the DEVS, in case this is not clear enough) a REASONABLE explanation about WHY those Items (NOT the Event Rewards, I don't care for them) must remains Shard Bound FOREVER.

An EXPLANATION, si vous plait, NOT a "Vuolsi così colà dove si puote / ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare", (Inferno - III, 94-96)

Best Regards

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Ivenor said:
    OK, now that the "of the Three" & "of Ice" Events have endeed and the relative Armor Sets Items are non more farmable, I REALLY wish to hear (from the DEVS, in case this is not clear enough) a REASONABLE explanation about WHY those Items (NOT the Event Rewards, I don't care for them) must remains Shard Bound FOREVER.

An EXPLANATION, si vous plait, NOT a "Vuolsi così colà dove si puote / ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare", (Inferno - III, 94-96)

Best Regards

@Mariah - Darn, wrong Section!!! Could you be so kind to move the Thread in the General one? :D
    edited February 2021
    Jepeth said:

Yes, I read that, thanks, and, IMO, it still doesn't explain why AFTER an Event ends one cannot transfer its HONESTLY gained/buyied "Small Drops" (i.e.: Armor Sets and such) to a Shard of his own coiche for storing/showing.

The point remains that the gamimg style of MANY players have been negatively impacted to pander to some other players that have nothing to do with the affected players gaming style.

The real effect of SBing the "drops" is as now clearly visible: in NO SHARD is possible to find the vast mayority of the SBnded Armor Sets pieces (and when it is, they have as now HIGHER prices tags that on ATL), when for the previous Events (Fellowship, Cult, Enchanted Origin) after the Events ends there was possible FOR MONTHS to find TONS of items on ATL (and at fairly reasonable prices) to complete the Collections of the Players that like this Gaming Style.

I beg you to remember that:
    1) this is still a SANDBOX Game;
    2) the Armor Sets Collectors pay the same amount for their Subs as PvPer or PvM players;
    3) many of them OPEN MORE PAYING ACCOUNT only to have the Houses to store/show their Collections;
    4) not anynone has the TIME and/or the interest to go dungeoning for hours to gather the Armor Pieces "drops" and NO other players have the right to say that they must (again: SANDBOX);
    5) as many long time playes repeatedly reminded, not having the possiblity of selling on ATL the surplus of their drops actually REDUCED the legitimate farming activity in many Low Pop Shards.

So, no, IMO the post you linked doesn't give a WHY, but, as I wrote with Dante's words, only a "because WE SAY SO".

Cheers
    Ivenor
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Jepeth said:

Yes, I read that, thanks, and, IMO, it still doesn't explain why AFTER an Event ends one cannot transfer its HONESTLY gained/buyied "Small Drops" (i.e.: Armor Sets and such) to a Shard of his own coiche for storing/showing.

The point remains that the gamimg style of MANY players have been negatively impacted to pander to some other players that have nothing to do with the affected players gaming style.

The real effect of SBing the "drops" is as now clearly visible: in NO SHARD is possible to find the vast mayority of the SBnded Armor Sets pieces (and when it is, they have as now HIGHER prices tags that on ATL), when for the previous Events (Fellowship, Cult, Enchanted Origin) after the Events ends there was possible FOR MONTHS to find TONS of items on ATL (and at fairly reasonable prices) to complete the Collections of the Players that like this Gaming Style.

2) the Armor Sets Collectors pay the same amount for their Subs as PvPer or PvM players;
    3) many of them OPEN MORE PAYING ACCOUNT only to have the Houses to store/show their Collections;
    4) not anynone has the TIME and/or the interest to go dungeoning for hours to gather the Armor Pieces "drops" and NO other players have the right to say that they must (again: SANDBOX);
    5) as many long time playes repeatedly reminded, not having the possiblity of selling on ATL the surplus of their drops actually REDUCED the legitimate farming activity in many Low Pop Shards.

So, no, IMO the post you linked doesn't give a WHY, but, as I wrote with Dante's words, only a "because WE SAY SO".

Cheers
    Ivenor

There are many I know who disliked shard bound and are unhappy with this. But I see far less support for shard bound so far in this forum. Anyway, when saying this:

"We get a lot of feedback from multiple sources."

He could have been referring to an old post or requests from players who are no longer playing or active in this forum.

I agree with democracy, if most players prefer shard bound then so be it. There was no need to Lock a thread and afraid if anyone would raise further questions, if they believe they have the support of the majority of players for shard bound policy.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Jepeth said:

Cheers
    Ivenor

There are many I know who disliked shard bound and are unhappy with this. But I see far less support for shard bound so far in this forum. Anyway, could have been an old post from players who are no longer playing or active in this forum.

Thanks for your support, at least! :)

I.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Ivenor said:

It's more like "S'il vous plaît"

:P

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    @Ivenor we have had this discussion multiple times about any of the treasures items being shardbound and we have already received @Kyronix answer. 
    After we have received his answer of no. Then the threads were locked. 

Ibtl.

@Mariah
    @Ivenor if they make the mini armor sets able to be xfered then they need to make the end rewards able to be xfered too. Might wanna start another poll. 
    If anything is shard bound then everything needs to be shard bound. 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Agree to OP
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    RockStaR said:

Agree

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Aayla said:
    Ivenor said:

It's more like "S'il vous plaît"

:P

Thanks, my French is a little rusty... :D
    edited February 2021
    RockStaR said:
    @ Ivenor we have had this discussion multiple times about any of the treasures items being shardbound and we have already received @ Kyronix answer. 
    After we have received his answer of no. Then the threads were locked. 

Ibtl.

@ Mariah

Thereads get locked when poeple resort to name calling and ad hominem attacks, so let's try for once to have a confrontation with ARGUMENTS, not insults.

Beside:
    1) my question is different: I don't ask to have the "drops" not Shard Bound during the Global Events, but only after they ends;
    2) I ask the devs to elaborate why "NO" is still the answer, considered that the effect their decision is having is the opposite of the one inetended (i.e.: making the GE "drops" easly available even in Low Pop Shards);
    3) People can change idea, and, FWIK, the Devs are people.

There was no insults or attacks in my thread and it was locked after kyronix gave the answer. The answer is no treasures drops will have the shard bound tag taken off. The armor drops are part of the treasures event. I hope everyone is happy with how it's shard bound. You don't have anyone else to thank besides for the ones who wanted it shard bound.
    edited February 2021
    RockStaR said:

And that will be the Fall of Atlantic.

Mind me: I enjoy as everyone else to see the more affluent neighbours hitting hard times.

It is human, and it is called Envy.

But when one realize that that meighbours were paying the lion share of the street manteinance costs (in our case paying for A LOT of fully subscribed Accounts), other principles must prevail, specifically "Virtue 0", the one that cames before Honesty, Compassion, etc: Enlighted Self Interest.

Even JC (not The Builder, the other One) put that "Virtue 0" at the fundations of human interactions: "In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you" (Matthew 7:12).

I'm not interested in PvP and only lightly in PvM so I don't mess with these way of playing with undue suggestions about how they should be played, and expect that no one mess for NO GIVEN REASON with MY style of play.

I, like many others UO Players like to collect pack rat shiny Suits of Virtual Armor, so what? It is anti-stress WAY cheaper than analysis, a lot saner that chemically polluting one bloodstream with drugs of any type and one that keeps many PAYING Players in the game, so why should anyone interfere, and, moreover, for no gain for them?

edited February 2021
    RockStaR said:
    There was no insults or attacks in my thread and it was locked after @Kyronix gave the answer. The answer is no treasures drops will have the shard bound tag taken off. The armor drops are part of the treasures event. I hope everyone is happy with how it's shard bound. You don't have anyone else to thank besides for the ones who wanted it shard bound.

That Big K. reply was then.

Now, with the unfolding evidences of the real effects of that decison, being he and the other Devs "Old Wise Persons" (well, two out of three is good enough... :D ;) ) I ask, in a "Nice & Respectful" way, that they reconsider the topic, at least for the SBing of the "small drops" AFTER the Events end.

Aragorn said:
    Agree to OP

Thanks! :)
    RockStaR said:
    @ Ivenor if they make the mini armor sets able to be xfered then they need to make the end rewards able to be xfered too. Might wanna start another poll. 

I don't see why this must be: they are two different category of items. The Rewards are exactly this: rewards for a certain task accomplished. The "drops" are instead mere instruments for geting the Rewards, and so of no impact on the "Reward Economy" after an Event end.
    Ivenor said:
    RockStaR said:
    @ Ivenor if they make the mini armor sets able to be xfered then they need to make the end rewards able to be xfered too. Might wanna start another poll. 

I don't see why this must be: they are two different category of items. The Rewards are exactly this: rewards for a certain task accomplished. The "drops" are instead mere instruments for geting the Rewards, and so of no impact on the "Reward Economy" after an Event end.
    @Ivenor that's the thing. With these events being shard bound as is. Most people are only getting enough drops for what they want. Then are stopping. There's no point to keep on going once you got what you need from it. If they weren't shard bound you would have more than enough bits. Why would anyone want to hold onto these items for other people once they got their set done and once they got their own big drops? That's the whole situation. Supply and demand.
    edited February 2021
    RockStaR said:
    Ivenor said:
    RockStaR said:

@ Ivenor that's the thing. With these events being shard bound as is. Most people are only getting enough drops for what they want. Then are stopping. There's no point to keep on going once you got what you need from it. If they weren't shard bound you would have more than enough bits. Why would anyone want to hold onto these items for other people once they got their set done and once they got their own big drops? That's the whole situation. Supply and demand.

Exactly my point: IMO if it were dedided that the "drops" would be UN-Shard Bounded after, let's say 1 month from the end of an Event, people would farm enough of them to obtain the Rewards plus some more to be able to sell/trade them later, locally or on Babylon Shard.
    They left everything shard bound due to this being the original reason behind shard bound. They now just need to make everything shard bound so everything is the same.
    edited February 2021
    RockStaR said:
    They left everything shard bound due to this being the original reason behind shard bound. They now just need to make everything shard bound so everything is the same.

And in so making they will finally kill the game. "Mission Accomplished!" :D
  • For what it's worth, I like the items being shard bound just because it's such a tiny thing that seems to bother people so much.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2021
    For what it's worth, I like the items being shard bound just because it's such a tiny thing that seems to bother people so much.

Production shard gameplay has evolved around the ability to travel and trade between shards.

Shard Bound restricts this. There is little point to it, when you have the ability to travel and trade, and gameplay has developed around this. It can only cause hassle and complication to players. It clearly affects some more than others.

Vets are affected. Collectors of sets who have to travel multiple shards to find a set are affected. PvPers who cross shard for PvP are affected if a key part of their suit cannot go with them. New players and characters on a smaller shard will be affected, when they cannot find equipment they really want for their suit. Economies will be affected, as prices on these items superheat due to scarcity. Farmers who enjoyed farming for these items to trade will be affected, as they have nothing to do anymore except sit in Luna - because they feel even if they farm for the item they won't have a trading outlet for it if they cannot get it to Atlantic.

So I wouldn't say it is a small thing, it is affecting quite a few gamestyles.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    Just a little side track but related:

I think its better not to lock threads like this. There were no massive negative, "quarrel", trolling, name-calling, flaming, etc.

This forum is a place to discuss issues and concerns. If you keep locking down threads before an issue is really vented and closed, we get say 5 locked threads talking about same thing, and some of them with valid reasons. But they are lost in so many threads.

Just prune or delete the unnecessary posts, please don't lock threads. Its like you are in the middle of a meeting (not quarrel or fight) and someone just say "shut up" and closed the meeting suddenly.

Then we get another thread, and another thread, and another. Stop locking unless its absolutely necessary.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Cookie said:

Production shard gameplay has evolved around the ability to travel and trade between shards.

Shard Bound restricts this. There is little point to it, when you have the ability to travel and trade, and gameplay has developed around this. It can only cause hassle and complication to players. It clearly affects some more than others.

Vets are affected. Collectors of sets who have to travel multiple shards to find a set are affected. PvPers who cross shard for PvP are affected if a key part of their suit cannot go with them. New players and characters on a smaller shard will be affected, when they cannot find equipment they really want for their suit. Economies will be affected, as prices on these items superheat due to scarcity. Farmers who enjoyed farming for these items to trade will be affected, as they have nothing to do anymore except sit in Luna - because they feel even if they farm for the item they won't have a trading outlet for it if they cannot get it to Atlantic.

Collectors who can't find what they are looking for must suck at collecting. A good collector shouldn't have a problem with this.

Cross-sharding PvPers who can't work around this must suck at cross-shard PvP. A good PvPer would have a suit that can transfer.

New players can't cross-shard the items anyway, and let's face it, nobody really cares about them, it's just an excuse to make things easier for themselves.

I can't imagine the economy becoming any more messed up than it already is.

Perhaps instead of sitting in Luna, the farmers of these items should be hooking up with some of these crappy collectors that can't find the stuff as easily as they would like to.

It really comes down to people wanting stuff to be easier for them and when they don't get it they cry about it on forums instead of finding a way to make it work for them. I grow tired of everyone wanting changes to the game to make the game fit their play style instead of making their play style fit the game. 
    For what it's worth, I like the items being shard bound just because it's such a tiny thing that seems to bother people so much.

You are always such a loving carebear that deserve to be killed with hugs & kisses... :D
    edited February 2021
    Cookie said:

Collectors who can't find what they are looking for must suck at collecting. A good collector shouldn't have a problem with this.

Cross-sharding PvPers who can't work around this must suck at cross-shard PvP. A good PvPer would have a suit that can transfer.

New players can't cross-shard the items anyway, and let's face it, nobody really cares about them, it's just an excuse to make things easier for themselves.

I can't imagine the economy becoming any more messed up than it already is.

Perhaps instead of sitting in Luna, the farmers of these items should be hooking up with some of these crappy collectors that can't find the stuff as easily as they would like to.

It really comes down to people wanting stuff to be easier for them and when they don't get it they cry about it on forums instead of finding a way to make it work for them. I grow tired of everyone wanting changes to the game to make the game fit their play style instead of making their play style fit the game. 

To quote myself:

Ivenor said:

(...)

I'm not interested in PvP and only lightly in PvM so I don't mess with these way of playing with undue suggestions about how they should be played, and expect that no one mess for NO GIVEN REASON with MY style of play.

(...)

So, perhaps, if collecting Armor Suits is not YOUR style of play, you should consider the option to abstain to say how, in your otherwise surely wise and useful opinion, it should be played by the people that actually play it?

You know, just as no one that don't have as a his game style to steal everything that is not nailed down (and, if nailed, steal the nails too) should abstain to give you any advice on thieving?

Beacuse after hearing for the Nth time how I should "correctly" play a DARN SANDBOX GAME, the argument is starting to wear a litte thin... :D

• Stinky_PeteStinky_Pete Posts: 61
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:

So, perhaps, if collecting Armor Suits is not YOUR style of play, you should consider the option to abstain to say how, in your otherwise surely wise and useful opinion, it should be played by the people that actually play it?

You know, just as no one that don't have as a his game style to steal everything that is not nailed down (and, if nailed, steal the nails too) should abstain to give you any advice on thieving?

Beacuse after hearing for the Nth time how I should "correctly" play a DARN SANDBOX GAME, the argument is starting to wear a litte thin... :D

I'm not telling you how to play your play style, I'm saying that you suck at your play style if this is making it impossible to play. More difficult, sure, I could see that. Do you not enjoy a bit of a challenge? You can play however you want but making 5 threads to cry about it when you've already been told why it is the way it is seems insane to me. The devs make blessed stuff all the time. I can't steal it (well I can, it just takes more patience). Do I complain about it? Nah, I just work around it and enjoy the challenge. 
    edited February 2021

Ivenor said:

I'm not telling you how to play your play style, I'm saying that you suck at your play style if this is making it impossible to play. More difficult, sure, I could see that. Do you not enjoy a bit of a challenge? You can play however you want but making 5 threads to cry about it when you've already been told why it is the way it is seems insane to me. The devs make blessed stuff all the time. I can't steal it (well I can, it just takes more patience). Do I complain about it? Nah, I just work around it and enjoy the challenge. 

I see that sarcasm is, as always, wasted with you, so I will be more direct: your only intention in posting in this thread is, as ever, to disrupt the discussion and irritate other people with not requested "advices", that are really only gross judgements of other people play (and life) style and that for some incomprensible reason you feel entitled to pass from your self proclaimed high horse.

So, consdering too that, barring some missed notice about you being hired in the UO Devs Team, this Thread was explicitly NOT addressed at the likes of you, please be so kind to take your wisdom and F*CK OFF.
This discussion has been closed.