Home Decorating

For those that don't know me, I run UOHomeDecor.com. It's full of guides for decorating, screenshots, videos (slowly) and more.

What guides would you like to see added?

Do you have a home you want me to tour and add to the site? Let me know.

Comments

• Adding floors using pavers and mats.

Step by step for roofs

A revisit of L-staircases 
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

38'N 39'E Trammel (Sonoma)  Out the east road from Brit
    First Keep you will see next to the road.  "LaCrown Caerleon Chateau"
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DryzzidDryzzid Posts: 80
    edited March 2018
    You're welcome to come visit our village on Atlantic. It's a good run north of Vesper. Any houses in the area with the blue and white checkered house signs are ours. Would love to hear what you think and maybe get some pointers :)

Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41
    I've searched and searched for tips on making T-shaped stairs, were you go up the stairs and turn left or right? but all the vids/pics I've seen are either for CC, or are out dated. I use EC. would love to be able to make the t-shaped or even the l-shaped. if not i'll live through it or die trying.. hehe..

Wildfire

• KayhynnKayhynn Posts: 3
    Adding floors using pavers and mats.

Step by step for roofs

A revisit of L-staircases 
    Various staircase guides can be made here: http://uohomedecor.com/staircaseshouse-customization-tool-items/

On floors and pavers, I haven't done extremely detailed, but I have done some. Do you want them for castle/keep or regular homes?
    Bubblegum said:
    I've searched and searched for tips on making T-shaped stairs, were you go up the stairs and turn left or right? but all the vids/pics I've seen are either for CC, or are out dated. I use EC. would love to be able to make the t-shaped or even the l-shaped. if not i'll live through it or die trying.. hehe..
    Unfortunately, I can't stomach EC and think decorating looks horrible in EC. However, the guides should be the same for both clients.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    A lot of decorators do not like using the EC for building (either customs or with crafted stone). I know when planting houses/plots you _must_ use the EC, but after that, it is straight into the CC for building as we can manage the tools and pieces better.

I attempted to do a video or two doing spiral/T-stairs in the EC, but I just couldn't get the client to invis the stair/walls right. I'll dig them out and see if they are of any good use. If they are, will post to YouTube and link (so long as it is allowed).

• BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41

what is your youtube channel? if you have one? just the name. that should be allowed. Right??

Wildfire

edited March 2018
    i didn't upload it - yet
    :pensive:
    Is on my desktop (somewhere) with a whole lot of other UO stuff from over the years.

I'll find it... then will throw up into my channel and post link.
    edited March 2018
    @Bubblegum
    Ahh... now I remember!
    And being the crafter/deco fiend I am - this is the main reason I do not use the EC. (You are favored today, I actually logged into it to test something anyway, so I went and planted a house in Yew.)

In the afore mention tutorial (using CC), you first place the teleport tiles, then the stair over those tiles. Then you fade/hide the walls, which will fade/hide the stair and you can then erase the teleport tiles. The EC doesn't fade the stair with the walls (it fades the stair with the floor - thus hiding what you need to erase), and you have no way of getting to the 'port tiles underneath to erase them; which will erase the various sections of the stair with them.

There is a way! It is far more tedious than the CC though. I have a lunch appointment, but will make a vid when I get back.

With that said, you can use the crafted stair pieces from granite. With them, you're simply stacking and turning them however you want them to be. You can just use the deco tool to raise them if you don't want to mine for all that granite. You can also use goza squares, raise those, then place and lock the granite stair pieces. I have several different stair types in my custom castles on Pacific using stacking and deco-tool methods.

I'll still make a video making custom stairs, but the reason you're not finding anything using the EC is because you simply cannot. Maybe @Kayhynn has something already done on her channel/site that you can poke at now. I won't get any real quality videos done until spring break.