Auction safes broken for the owner

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited November 2020 in Bugs
Auction safes are broken.

Bug: The owner can't see who the winning bid name is.
Expected result: Show the 'uncensored' name of the bidders.
What's happening: The safe displays the same hidden information that is meant for non-owners.

Please fix, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• why hide the names in the first place?
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    I believe the owner of the safe should ABSOLUTELY have this information because I have personally encountered where people bid on an item, forget to pick it up, and then over 3 days later message me that they won and forgot to pick it up. As a seller, this puts me between a rock and a hard place: do I assume because the player shares the same first letter it's them? Or am I being cleverly scammed? I like the information being hidden from the general public but I really need the bidding history to only the seller be uncensored.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I have never used a safe.  I assumed the item went to the winning bidders bank since they pre-pay don't they.  If I had bid on an Item I would not know to go back and get it.

Not seeing the name is just bad.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Pawain said:
    I have never used a safe.  I assumed the item went to the winning bidders bank since they pre-pay don't they.  If I had bid on an Item I would not know to go back and get it.

Not seeing the name is just bad.
    You have to collect the item, but you are notfied that you have won and must collect. Here's the page info:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/the-auction-safe/
    On completion of the auction the owner account will receive their payment immediately and will be notified by in game mail of the outcome. The winning bidder will now have 3 days to retrieve their item from the auction safe or it will revert back to the owner. Once the auction item has been retrieved the auction safe will once again be available to start a new auction.

On completion of the auction if you are the winning bid you will be notified that you have three days to claim your item. Upon claiming your item if you have any change as a result of your maximum bid it will be refunded to you.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    So it looks like the owner never saw the names of the bidders?  Designed that way.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.