No cons to riding

Just an idea:

currently there are no negatives to being mounted, yet massive negatives to being dismounted.

Would be interesting if horses were used mainly just for travel from a to b and not necessarily taken with you everywhere (in shops etc)

what if you could only perform primary ability while mounted and had reduced casting ability or something that limits combat. 

Im surprised so many establishments allow you enter while riding a mount. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Between you and popps, not sure who comes up with worse ideas.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You cant use bolas, or the lance to dismount while mounted. Not sure about the heavy xbow
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Norry, you must be on foot to dismount another player. But that is my point, because being dismounted is a huge debuff, 

Maybe being mounted should have some kind of debuff instead.

Being able to do blacksmithy etc on a horse is just really silly to me.

(P.S you can dismount someone with a Lance while riding if the opponent is also holding a Lance) 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Pass
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Woke up wrong side of bed
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Mervyn said:
    (P.S you can dismount someone with a Lance while riding if the opponent is also holding a Lance) 
    Is dismount somewhat random or does it always work?  Could have jousting if it is random.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    yeah that is probably what it’s for. It’s random if you both have the same weapon skill and hci/dci, you get the same chance to hit/whiff as any other RNG based system.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You can't use stealth while riding.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    They Gargs should not be able to do anything while flying
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2020
    Absolutely no. I am guessing that you have never played an MMO that does the things you are suggesting with being mounted? I have played many. It is a pain to have to mount and remount 500 times a day.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    TimSt said:
    You can't use stealth while riding.
    Yeah, that is a HELL of a penalty....

Quite enough I would say........
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    And that is what i mean. Being dismounted is a penalty for move speed. Being mounted is a buff that ignores dex for move speed.

You should be able to use bolas and xbows to dismount whike mounted. Because why not. My ninja can throw stars and use blowguns as a dog.
    Norry said:
     My ninja can throw stars and use blowguns as a dog.

Not after tomorrow when Mervyn writes that up as a bug tonight and they nerf it . LOL
    Marge said:
    Norry said:
     My ninja can throw stars and use blowguns as a dog.

Not after tomorrow when Mervyn writes that up as a bug tonight and they nerf it . LOL
    I think you upset him enough that he exploded and did something bad.  :D
    LOL That's what happens when I don't get my coffee in time! :D