Necromancer rework?

AaylaAayla Posts: 170
edited October 2020 in Skills and Stats
Hiya!

Ok I’m gonna drop something here. 

Can we get a rework for Necromancer?

Without destroying the Sampires, is it possible to get more spells?

I have a Necro/Mage and once Animate Dead and transform are done there isn’t much more useful spell. Maybe some spells to buff the animated or more ice/poison spell. I don’t know but these are some thoughts and I really hope to see more Necro things :)

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have you used wither as a wraith?  Stand outside the fence at a cemetery and give it a go after a crowd forms on the other side.  You can drop the whole crowd including the knights in about 5 minutes.
    This does not apply to butchers.  Take them out before you deal with the mob or form the mob a safe distance away from them.
    You can get a lots of player’s bones using this technique.
    Corpse skin followed by flame strike is very is also very effective.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Arnold7 said:
    Have you used wither as a wraith?  Stand outside the fence at a cemetery and give it a go after a crowd forms on the other side.  You can drop the whole crowd including the knights in about 5 minutes.
    Problem with Wither is the range of the spell. The Spellweaver on is more effective because of that. 

You gave me 2 spells. I’d like to use more Necro spells without having to weight on other school of magic. 

Magery is the all around school to compensate weaknesses of other schools. 
    Necro. appears to be designed more as a support skill for mages and fighters than a standalone skill.  I agree it does not have much hitting power alone.  That really surprised me when I learned it.  Thought it would have direct damage spells that could do serious damage.  Also, don’t quite see the logic in being able to communicate with ghosts if you don’t have a spell that can raise them.  Wither is the one spell that can actually do serious damage on its own in the right environment but you do have to be pretty much in the middle of the mob to use it.  Do not disagree with your comment regarding spellweavers.  My player has necro and magery so those spells are not available to me.
    Also, appears only one spell, summon familiar, benefits from low karma.  Is that one spell worth the effort it takes to get it?  Thanks
  • They ain't touching it.  Been pushing to fix necro since it basically came out.

On wither vs weaving, wither will out damage it all day so it has its use.