Donating to city to gain city loyalty

AragornAragorn Posts: 293
edited September 2020 in General Discussions
When I try to donate ingots / boards to the the wooden craft it is not accepting them, meanwhile the trade minister is giving me this message saying they are not required. In this case how do I donate to gain city loyalty (in a fast way) ? Thanks.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    you need to put them in a crate in the town, i think normally by the docks.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    I did put them in the crate but the crate is not accepting it and the trade minister is giving me this message saying the boards / ingots are not required. I have revised the wording of my initial post. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    edited September 2020
    very strange, you should only get that message when trying to donate something not on the list. Try with a different stack of boards/ingots?
    the items were not in a container?
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    Mariah said:
    very strange, you should only get that message when trying to donate something not on the list. Try with a different stack of boards/ingots?
    the items were not in a container?
    That was the answer! Due to weight I was deeding the ingots / boards into commodity deed and apparently you can't donate resources in deed form (while this is perfectly fine for Britain Library donation for example) ...... I put them back in stack form and it's all good now.  

So I have no choice but to make multiple trips between banks and the wooden crate....... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    What is the advantage you gain from gaining a city’s loyalty?  See players every once in a while that a citizens of a city.  Is this how you become a citizen?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    And a fancy title you can buy
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited September 2020
    The Governor of the city may also bestow a title but those are quite limited but still fun to have.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Few players get titles.  I love them.  They add to the others so you don't have to choose one to disappear.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    And if any citizen of Moonglow (Sonoma) wishes a title see the Governor before the 1st of Dec, she will not be running (Or PM me here or Stratics or discord me)
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598