QOL - Filling Spellbooks

Filling spellbooks involves a LOT of clicking and dragging.  I suggest being able to right click the spellbook and have an option pop up "Add Scrolls" which then brings you a select target cursor that persists as you click each scroll (similar to how the toggle item insurance target cursor works).
Tagged:

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Would be nice if spellbooks and BOD books had a "Fill from Backpack" option like the trade order boxes do.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    That would also be a good solution !
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yes this is definitely a great idea, it is what stopped me from supplying filled spellbooks. On the EC, I wonder if it can be treated as a container, so we target a bag like Marge says and it auto loads into spellbook. If it already has a spell, it will skip that scroll. 

This will make the game better because we can supply to new players full spellbook at super low prices. Happy players buy more new subscription, more money for the game. Good idea, +10.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have to agree filling spellbooks is a pain.   No longer sell beginner books because it just takes too long to drop 64 spells into them one at a time.
  • Seth said:
    On the EC, I wonder if it can be treated as a container, so we target a bag like Marge says and it auto loads into spellbook. If it already has a spell, it will skip that scroll.
    It works like this in the EC, i use it myself.  Make an organizer with all the spells in it and run it. once you target the book it starts putting the spells in. if the spell is already in it it goes to the next. the only thing to remember is when the spellbook has all 64 spells in it, stop the organizer.  it will keep running as long as there are items in it's list inside the container. otherwise it will keep running and you cannot pick it up.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You can also use the restock agent in EC to fill a spellbook from a bag of spells, setting the book you want to fill as the 'default container' and the spell quantity to '1'
  • Mariah said:
    You can also use the restock agent in EC to fill a spellbook from a bag of spells, setting the book you want to fill as the 'default container' and the spell quantity to '1'
    even better. that's why I've always liked you.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Yep restock agent with it set to '1' of each type, I have three set up for mage, necro and mystic books, have done for yrs.   All you need to do is reset the target container for each book as they fill, which is easy enough if you leave the organiser agent gump open.  I fill spellbooks while watching tv or reading forum etc.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Mariah said:

Thanks for the tip! It is fortunate that it can be automated in EC.

@Victim_Of_Siege thanks to you too :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    CC users need some love
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Mariah said:
    Just set this up and it works! Sometimes it seems to move too fast and it skips some scrolls but I can deal with that.  Thanks for posting about this :)

(I still think an easier way would be preferable.)
  • dvvid said:
    Mariah said:
    Just set this up and it works! Sometimes it seems to move too fast and it skips some scrolls but I can deal with that.  Thanks for posting about this :)

(I still think an easier way would be preferable.)
    yep, between pushing a button twice or dragging 64 scrolls to the book.  i'll take the pushing twice lol.

Ok I give up.  How do you set the book as the default container and how do you get the spells into it?   Thanks

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Use the EC Restock agent
    As you can see from the images on that page,
    click on 'add by type' and target the spell you want to put into the book, in the resulting dialogue box set the quantity to '1'.Do that for each spell you want to add.  You could do that for all 64 spells, but I prefer to do them 2 circles at a time and have 4 restock agents 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8 (or to be more truthful, I have 6, Necro scrolls & mysticism scrolls).
    click on 'set default container' target the book you want to fill. then run the agent.  You will have to 'unset default container' and then set to the next book.
  • so you would put all of your spells in a bag, then put a spellbook in there as well.  go to  Main Menu>Agent Settings then hit the drop-down menu and select the Restock agent.  you then add all the spells and select 1 as the amount.  then you press the "Set Default Container" at the top left of the agent and then target that spellbook in the container with all the spells. then you open the bag with the scrolls and book in  it and right click the icon i have circled in the picture and select the correct restock agent.  then you left click that icon and the spells should go into the spellbook.. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Mariah & @Victim_Of_Siege I was having trouble understanding how to do that myself.
    This is lot better than dragging the spells into the books. So much time saved.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Sell full spellbooks on mage vendors for 75k. If you want to make and sell cheaper - fine - but 75k is easy to make in 30 min even for a new player and solves the problem.  Maybe in the early days this was fun - but no one has fun making spellbooks. I promise.  
    edited August 2020
    Arnold7 said:
    Ok I give up.  How do you set the book as the default container and how do you get the spells into it?   Thanks

Figure it out?
    Mariah and Victim thanks for the info.  Took awhile but finally got it to work.
  • Arnold7 said:
    Mariah and Victim thanks for the info.  Took awhile but finally got it to work.
    Glad to have been able to help.

• TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 193
    edited August 2020
    so you would put all of your spells in a bag, then put a spellbook in there as well.  go to  Main Menu>Agent Settings then hit the drop-down menu and select the Restock agent.  you then add all the spells and select 1 as the amount.  then you press the "Set Default Container" at the top left of the agent and then target that spellbook in the container with all the spells. then you open the bag with the scrolls and book in  it and right click the icon i have circled in the picture and select the correct restock agent.  then you left click that icon and the spells should go into the spellbook.. 

It's a bit easier. I put the spellbook in my bag. Then i press the right mouse button on the surounded symbol(restock) and select the restock agent.

After that i click again with the left mouse button on that icon and get a target cursor. Then i choose the spellbook which has to be filled.
    If there was the message you have to wait i have to repeat the process.

The amount of spells shown at the spellbook doesn't update immediately. Just move it in the bag.