Problems with enhancement client.

AnicaLaMutilaAnicaLaMutila Posts: 4
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
hi everyone, i have a problem with user setting, it doesn't work. I use enhancent client and windows 10, is it likely to cause incompatibility? I would like to solve this problem, it is important. Thank you

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    More information is needed.
    Please post in your own language exactly what is wrong. We have people from many countries and may be able to help you more.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Are you running it as admin?I know if you don't it can give problems... Also could be a antivirus or firewall... Seems odd only settings giving you a problem though.
  • AnicaLaMutilaAnicaLaMutila Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    My problem is that when I select the user configuration -> options -> Activate map area and always run, for example, when applying and accepting, I exit, and when I re-enter they are unchecked again, it does not apply changes or does absolutely nothing. Entered into Managed mode and disabled antivirus and firewall, does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

1.png 872.2K
    2.png 822.8K
    3.png 769.9K
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    (Note that somehow Anicala entered a very long that did not wrap.  You have to scroll to read the whole thing.)
    Sorry, I do not know why your Always Run is not working.  I do not use it.  Did you try it without Enable Autorun? If you want to always run anyway, then autorun might confuse things.  Just guessing.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • It is just an example, none of the tabs apply

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    It is just an example, none of the tabs apply

So if none of the tabs apply then how are people going to help you?  Show them how you are set up.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2020
    It is just an example, none of the tabs apply

So if none of the tabs apply then how are people going to help you?  Show them how you are set up.
    I think Anica meant that you cannot "Apply" changes to any of the tabs, nor will any of the changes remain if you push the "Accept" button.

@AnicaLaMutila are you using a custom UI of any kind? 

Have you tried running the "Full File Check" in the patcher window? It is a little check box in the bottom left of the window.

EC is working as normal with Windows 10 for me. As vortex said, you may want to try running UO as admin.  
    -Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You can try the semi-nuclear approach and rename the directory Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss.  You loose your macros and screen arrangement but it does give you a clean slate to work with incase any of the data files are corrupt.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I have edited AnicaLaMutila's post to remove the 'pre' coding and make it more easily readable.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Do you have any Custom UI's installed such as Pinco's?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I just returned to UO and I got a complete fresh installation from yesterday and I have absolutely the same issues. no other UI's or anything 3rd party like installed.
    Just a fresh enhanced client and thats it and I can't change "any" user setting.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Welcome back
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Sounds like a permissions issue. Like the UO program isn’t permitted to write the user config file to the hard drive. Run as admin by right clicking the UO icon and selecting Run as Administrator might help, as others mentioned. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2023
    Sytanya said:
    I just returned to UO and I got a complete fresh installation from yesterday and I have absolutely the same issues. no other UI's or anything 3rd party like installed.
    Just a fresh enhanced client and thats it and I can't change "any" user setting.

I would try the "full file check" at the bottom of the patch window. Yes, I realize you just installed fresh, but a file check might find and fix something with the install.

If you just returned, were you playing with the EC before? If so, did you have any mods installed? Something might have been left over from a previous verison of the EC. (Especially if you were using the EC with Pinco's UI.)

You can go into Documents>EA Games>Ultima Online Stygian Abyss>User Data and delete the "UserSettings.xml" file. That will force the client to start a fresh global file, which might fix the issue? Not sure.

Let us know how it goes.
    -Arroth
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited September 2023
    try disabling microsoft onedrive, I read that has caused some people some problems.
  • Had it happen to me today, it's the antivirus. I whitelisted UOSA and it started saving my data again
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Good luck turning off One Drive and having it actually stay off...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.