Corgul stopped dropping Gold Piles?

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
Took a bunch of NOOBs and returners to Corgul.  Told them they could grab all the gold they could carry.  No Golden Shower.  Please tell me our boat had a Bug.

Did Corgul stop dropping gold?  @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2020
    Corgul never had the Champion Gold Explosion did he? Wasn't it just the Ethereal Sand Explosion that was added for the arc last year?

-Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2020
    I thought he dropped gold before.  We did some runs before they changed it to sand.  But I can find no proof. :(  Least he drops a lot of items that returners can use when you have a group.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Moved to 'bugs', because he did drop gold piles, they were converted to ethereal sand for the event.
    edited April 2020
    Thanks I could not find any pictures of the gold piles. But I thought it did drop them.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Are you sure about the Gold Explosion Mariah? There are 7 videos of Corgul being defeated on YouTube, none show a Gold Explosion. All videos are between 1 and 5 years ago. (I had to watch these in prep to do Corgul during the event arc as my first few attempts I....did not do well.) 

Don't get me wrong, if he does do a Gold Explosion at the end, that would be fine with me!
    -Arroth
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Corgul never dropped 'gold explosions' only gold is/was/always has been on his corpse.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Sorry, but I'm totally confused. I was almost certain I'd picked up gold and people I play with thought they did too.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Mariah said:
    Sorry, but I'm totally confused. I was almost certain I'd picked up gold and people I play with thought they did too.
    The first sentence is quite possibly THE MOST ACCURATE comment ever posted on this forum!!! ROFL
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    Mariah said:
    Thats how we were.  I asked the regulars and they all said yes it did but I can find no proof.   :/

Sorry.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    False memory effect. IE. The Nelson Mandela effect. Where some people think something happened and others do not.