How does Luck work?

Tried doing some research but couldn't find...
Is Luck calculated on killing blow or must luck being equipped throughout a fight? 

For example, I want to switch to my luck suit moments before the death of a boss, will this trigger the luck bonus or do I need to be wearing my luck suit the whole time?

Thank you.

Comments

• Luck functions at the moment of death. So you can quickly swap to a Luck Suit just before the killing blow is dealt, to boost the loot.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Luck is supposed to function at the moment of death. 
    Fixed that for you. I have always gotten better loot off random gear and i don't think anyone in the game has the same conclusion if luck actually works and what level it needs to be at. 
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited January 2020
    doesn't luck have to be like 4000 for any type of real impact, basically, hard to do i would imagine
  • monkgamer said:
    doesn't luck have to be like 4000 for any type of real impact, basically, hard to do i would imagine

At 3,982 Luck, you have 100% chance for better loot.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Does luck factor into whether you get an ancient SOS versus a regular SOS? Should I be wearing a luck suite when I open the SOS bottle?
  • Luck doesn't factor into that. The chance to get an ASoS is a flat 4% if i remember right.