Can we get a refund on a vet reward?

Seriously
This is frustrating as hell.
Take a map out of the davies locker, carefully writing down the co-ordinates it gives.  Use a sextant and run to that spot, open the map, and it is nowhere near the coords the locker had listed.
Really?

Is there a fix for this, or is it just something we hafe to live with...

Comments

• While I can't comment on the locker, as a QoL improvement this year, how about an option to turn in an old vet reward for a new choice?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I don't use sextant myself so don't know but could it have been seven days since you decoded it and put into locker? I'm not sure if the locker updates when the map "redraws" it's self.

As for turning in old vet rewards for new I see one problem. Turn in a first year and get a 20th?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Tim said:
    I don't use sextant myself so don't know but could it have been seven days since you decoded it and put into locker? I'm not sure if the locker updates when the map "redraws" it's self.

As for turning in old vet rewards for new I see one problem. Turn in a first year and get a 20th?
    Since every single vet reward has the year coded into it, I don't see that being possible and I'm not sure why anyone would.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    edited February 2019
    Tim said:

Since every single vet reward has the year coded into it, I don't see that being possible and I'm not sure why anyone would.
    I have 8 Vet reward points I haven't claimed over the  years each good for any reward I'm eligible for. So if I turn in a first year will it just go into that pool or will they have to come up with some way to restrict just that point to first year rewards? That was my point not that it couldn't be done just that it complicated.

PS I have about 30 reward statues I've picked up over the years never having claimed one can I trade them in?

But boy are we getting off topic :)
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Seriously
    Take a map out of the davies locker, carefully writing down the co-ordinates it gives.  Use a sextant and run to that spot, open the map, and it is nowhere near the coords the locker had listed.
    Really?

The Davies locker is working fine. The problem is, every 30 days, the maps themselves "reset". The thing to do is, take out the maps you want, reload them into the locker, and THEN get the co-ordinates. At which point they will have the CURRENT ones. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    KHAN said:
    Seriously
    Really?

The Davies locker is working fine. The problem is, every 30 days, the maps themselves "reset". The thing to do is, take out the maps you want, reload them into the locker, and THEN get the co-ordinates. At which point they will have the CURRENT ones. 

We have a public Locker on LS.  I drop the map into it and write down the coords and take the map out.  When I go to those coords you can tell the map itself and those coords are not the same Its off by enough for a novice like me to spend 15 mins digging around with mining at GM.  Classic Client.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Seriously
    Really?

We have a public Locker on LS.  I drop the map into it and write down the coords and take the map out.  When I go to those coords you can tell the map itself and those coords are not the same Its off by enough for a novice like me to spend 15 mins digging around with mining at GM.  Classic Client.
    HMM, you got me there. I have never had that happen. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Seriously
    Really?

That's been my issue.  Three of them were off by at least 3 screens.  Had to just forget the coords and go to where it looked right on the map and dig around eventually finding it.  
    For me, the locker is only good for free storage, lol, I'm not seeing any benefit as far as finding the location, since it has been wrong so far.

But I persevere and find them, as Pappy always said, 'even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while"

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Seriously
    Really?

(...)

But I persevere and find them, as Pappy always said, 'even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while"

The problem is that IRL it frequently drop dead of starvation in between two of them...
  • Enough about t maps geesh    learn to use the uoam or sextant,    
    I would like nothing better then a vet reward exchange.. even a 2 for one would help clean up the glut of old choices made in the deep past... You don't want to see the glut of tubs statues and odd and end stuff. this would clean up some and perhaps make a more lively sales of said rewards.