Town Cryer Quests

From the News page on the Town Cryer you can acquire several quests, a few of which are basically lead-ins to older content - but with added rewards.

There may be a few issues though...

The animal taming quest sort-of starts you on the already existing animal training quest, but non-tamers cannot get past the first step. Might want to make this quest unavailable to characters under a certain threshold.

The quest for Covetous/Minoc wants people to kill Cora as the last step. I laughed at that and stopped. Most people won't want to do that. She isn't fun.  This quest should end with the Void Pool part (though the requirements could be explained in more detail). Headless miners need their respawn timer shortened as waiting for 40 to spawn was mind numbing.

For quest for Shame/Trinsic, I'd suggest dropping the unbound energy vortex from the list...mainly because they're insanely boring to kill. Not sure if anything is past this part of the quest yet.

The Salvaging the Deep quest.. Uhm.. most people already completed this. Does the end of this quest give an additional reward? If so, will previous completions be valid?

Despise just want you to kill one of the brothers... Only issue with this is the griefability factor of the whole minigame.  Will try this with a group later.

I have yet to do the kill list for Wrong's quest. It is next. Possible bug: I didn't receive a pop up when I got near the RBG guy in Yew...should he have one like the other NPCs did? (will update about Wrong later)

The treasure hunting quest is awesome and the reward should please T-hunters.

The quest for Blackthorn's is nice. The book hunt was clever, though a few of the book placements seemed...odd choices. The reward is quite good!

The news item on the Virtues is desperately crying out for quests!  Maybe tie in the older Virtue quests that exist? Many people don't even know they exist...

Comments

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Ugh... second step of Wrong is to go kill Fezzik.  If the last step is to come back with one of the assassin honed weapons, that's just not happening...
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    The animal taming quest sort-of starts you on the already existing animal training quest, but non-tamers cannot get past the first step. Might want to make this quest unavailable to characters under a certain threshold.

I could not get past the first step on a mythic tokened tamer. Maybe I was missing something, I dunno.  I have never actually done the quest on any of my tamers.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    @Kyronix Just retried the animal taming quest from the Town Cryer on my tamer, it didn't acknowledge that I'd tamed anything. It be broken :(

Also, there need to be quests for the Underworld, Abyss and Eodon on there...
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Ok, will look into it.