Pub 115 Feedback Thread

1246710

Comments

  • JatwhalJatwhal Posts: 16
    Will there be a 25th year Vet mount?
  • RinerRiner Posts: 351
    Grimbeard said:
    With crafting evolving to its current state can we get resources given updated as well? ample supply of all imbuing ingredients (including relic fragments etc gems etc) also maybe a forged anvil so we can enhance properly? 
    I really like the idea of a tool to help narrow down or eliminate enhancement properties. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind the first part of the request though. I get huge quantities of imbuing resources, the relic fragments, etc from unraveling items dropped from Roof or Champion encounters. And grab some stuff off lower mobs when I need Magical Residue. As for the specific high intensity ingredients, I tend to buy them because I seldom think to farm them before I want to imbue something. I keep a pretty good stock of all of them but honestly there are so many that unless I get them through what I'm doing I don't make special farming trips to collect them. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,984
    Jepeth said:

    I know Kyronix said to ignore this information but based on what we've been working out over on Discord, it's clear part of this is a luck check. The player's luck must beat a randomly determined number, and if so you get an egg in your pack. The best I can do on my luck suit on my home shard is 2910, which means if I had placed these ten thorns there I would have gotten 5 eggs.

    Putting aside whether or not having that much luck (in one of these cases it wanted me to have 3652 luck!) to earn an egg is a good thing, I think it should be said that we're getting a concrete system where luck matters in a meaningful way. I know we won't see this debug information on our home shards, but for all the uncertainty and local folk lore around how luck works in the game, it's interesting to see the team give us such a clear-cut mechanic. Anything that combats misinformation in the game is good!

    I agree with you that it's good to actually see some of the logic that goes into the egg pack drop and really helps some players like myself understand how it's determined and even more important helps players understand something is not broken (ie I don't get an egg 6 times in a row could just be a bad roll of high luck RNG). I think stuff like this is important on TC1 for the players that want to test and understand game mechanics

    @Kyronix - Can you confirm my question about the Fel luck bonus going towards the egg pack drops?  Should the inherent 1000 luck bonus go towards the chances? Currently it does not.





  • poppspopps Posts: 3,745
    Some additional info on the spawn...

    While Bog Things (the champ model) don't have slayers (?), Bog Thing Killer% / Protector% might appear on Talisman. Boglings as well.

    Forest Ostard, Giant Serpent, and Dread Spider all have Killer% / Protector% talismans.

    I only checked Atl/Pac for talis and it looks like most everything on VS was there for crafting %'s, not killer/protector. I was surprised not to see an Alligator or Scorpion talis. They might exist, but nobody is keeping them.

    Anyway, might be a buff (and or protection) for certain critters for fighters if you don't have Cameo's or Slayers.
    Those killer and protector Talisman only work for dexers.... surely, to my understanding, not for spellcasters or spellcasting tamers, not sure about ranged characters....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
    Riner said:
    Grimbeard said:
    With crafting evolving to its current state can we get resources given updated as well? ample supply of all imbuing ingredients (including relic fragmeRiner said:
    Grimbeard said:
    With crafting evolving to its current state can we get resources given updated as well? ample supply of all imbuing ingredients (including relic fragments etc gems etc) also maybe a forged anvil so we can enhance properly? 
    I really like the idea of a tool to help narrow down or eliminate enhancement properties. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind the first part of the request though. I get huge quantities of imbuing resources, the relic fragments, etc from unraveling items dropped from Roof or Champion encounters. And grab some stuff off lower mobs when I need Magical Residue. As for the specific high intensity ingredients, I tend to buy them because I seldom think to farm them before I want to imbue something. I keep a pretty good stock of all of them but honestly there are so many that unless I get them through what I'm doing I don't make special farming trips to collect them. 

    nts etc gems etc) also maybe a forged anvil so we can enhance properly? 
    I really like the idea of a tool to help narrow down or eliminate enhancement properties. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind the first part of the request though. I get huge quantities of imbuing resources, the relic fragments, etc from unraveling items dropped from Roof or Champion encounters. And grab some stuff off lower mobs when I need Magical Residue. As for the specific high intensity ingredients, I tend to buy them because I seldom think to farm them before I want to imbue something. I keep a pretty good stock of all of them but honestly there are so many that unless I get them through what I'm doing I don't make special farming trips to collect them. 

    Grimbeard said:
    Both my archer and thrower had no difficulty with spawn tamers will have to keep pets close and even sampire might have trouble as much of the spawn will be on ledges etc
    I'm speaking about test center 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,162
    on Pac and Origin green thorns will not be a problem @Oreogl they will be free if you have shard shields come to pac i have around 5000 seeds i can give out to anyone that comes here call out in chat for Skett
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 166
    Kyronix said:
    Oreogl said:
    @ Kyronix

    are green thorns going to be only available via growing?  or is there going to be another way to harvest these?
    Grow them or purchase them from other players.
    Thanks!  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,090Dev


    @ Kyronix - Can you confirm my question about the Fel luck bonus going towards the egg pack drops?  Should the inherent 1000 luck bonus go towards the chances? Currently it does not.





    There is no +1000 bonus for Fel in the luck calculations here.  That +1000 is very specific to certain systems - loot generation being the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head. 

    Every system is built to use luck differently.



  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,002
    popps said:
    Some additional info on the spawn...

    While Bog Things (the champ model) don't have slayers (?), Bog Thing Killer% / Protector% might appear on Talisman. Boglings as well.

    Forest Ostard, Giant Serpent, and Dread Spider all have Killer% / Protector% talismans.

    I only checked Atl/Pac for talis and it looks like most everything on VS was there for crafting %'s, not killer/protector. I was surprised not to see an Alligator or Scorpion talis. They might exist, but nobody is keeping them.

    Anyway, might be a buff (and or protection) for certain critters for fighters if you don't have Cameo's or Slayers.
    Those killer and protector Talisman only work for dexers.... surely, to my understanding, not for spellcasters or spellcasting tamers, not sure about ranged characters....
    Yes, I should have been more explicit. By "fighters" I meant templates that benefit from using talisman (fencer, macer, etc.). I did not mean every template fighting the spawn.   
    -Arroth
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 496
    Kyronix said:


    @ Kyronix - Can you confirm my question about the Fel luck bonus going towards the egg pack drops?  Should the inherent 1000 luck bonus go towards the chances? Currently it does not.





    There is no +1000 bonus for Fel in the luck calculations here.  That +1000 is very specific to certain systems - loot generation being the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head. 

    Every system is built to use luck differently.



    Thank you
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,162
    Kyronix said:


    @ Kyronix - Can you confirm my question about the Fel luck bonus going towards the egg pack drops?  Should the inherent 1000 luck bonus go towards the chances? Currently it does not.





    There is no +1000 bonus for Fel in the luck calculations here.  That +1000 is very specific to certain systems - loot generation being the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head. 

    Every system is built to use luck differently.




    it would be nice if you could some time explain how luck works and what systems it effects  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,747Moderator
    Skett said:

    it would be nice if you could some time explain how luck works and what systems it effects  

    This page was confirmed as being accurate before it was published:

  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    popps said:
    Some additional info on the spawn...

    While Bog Things (the champ model) don't have slayers (?), Bog Thing Killer% / Protector% might appear on Talisman. Boglings as well.

    Forest Ostard, Giant Serpent, and Dread Spider all have Killer% / Protector% talismans.

    I only checked Atl/Pac for talis and it looks like most everything on VS was there for crafting %'s, not killer/protector. I was surprised not to see an Alligator or Scorpion talis. They might exist, but nobody is keeping them.

    Anyway, might be a buff (and or protection) for certain critters for fighters if you don't have Cameo's or Slayers.
    Those killer and protector Talisman only work for dexers.... surely, to my understanding, not for spellcasters or spellcasting tamers, not sure about ranged characters....
    Protecting talisman works for everyone getting hit by those mobs. Including tamers. 
    Warriors are ones who have 150 (or sometimes less ) HP, not 700-1000 + consume damage + area peace from owner  like  pet can have.  
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
     Working spawn more this morning We will see a lot of line of sight and other target next issues also ghost mobs still not fixed.  all and all gonna be terrible for anyone not ranged or spell based 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,162
    I hope they add mark of the wildfire to the list along with some past deco from the wildfire event 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,624
    Pawain said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel  since a non mount would work since the pet is always running around.

    A 100 skill Skree that just has Armor ignore would work fine for a pet. Do not change the magic.
    They come with Magery and Mysticism. Pet spells dont do a lot of damage but at least they will hit more things.  It will be running all over the place.
    thank you. I tried that on TC and as a 4 slot was doing better than my 5 slots were.
    I was by myself, so i didn't dare take it to level 2. And the scree has better time navigating around stuff
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    keven2002 said:
    • Location should change to a place where there aren't so many "stuck" spots. It will make higher level things that spawn up there very hard to kill unless an archer is helping work the spawn.
    .Tell us you've never done a T2A spawn without telling us you've never done a T2A spawn.

    Spawn location is fine, even for tamers. In fact, this terrain keeps a single or two sampire from decimating the spawn. Long time ago this was one of our go to spawning locations (on tamers or tamer/sampire).  You don't need to kill every single mob of a spawn to get it to progress.  Those complaining about the location clearly have not done T2A spawns before.

    Boss health reset needs to be re-evaluated, especially for the smaller servers, unless the idea is for the boss to sit there for hours like it did with the Tokuno event spawn boss.  Not many want to help kill the tougher champ event bosses when they won't get a drop from it. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,984
    Violet said:
    keven2002 said:
    • Location should change to a place where there aren't so many "stuck" spots. It will make higher level things that spawn up there very hard to kill unless an archer is helping work the spawn.
    .Tell us you've never done a T2A spawn without telling us you've never done a T2A spawn.

    Spawn location is fine, even for tamers. In fact, this terrain keeps a single or two sampire from decimating the spawn. Long time ago this was one of our go to spawning locations (on tamers or tamer/sampire).  You don't need to kill every single mob of a spawn to get it to progress.  Those complaining about the location clearly have not done T2A spawns before.

    Boss health reset needs to be re-evaluated, especially for the smaller servers, unless the idea is for the boss to sit there for hours like it did with the Tokuno event spawn boss.  Not many want to help kill the tougher champ event bosses when they won't get a drop from it. 
    Tell us your sampire isn't any good without without telling us your sampire isn't any good.  :)

    I've done plenty of T2A spawns but I do not do this spawn for this exact reason. You are incorrect in your assumption though, but good try. I was actually trying to help the small shards like Orgin/Sonoma that have had trouble getting enough people to run the spawns in the past. With only a few people they usually only are able to progress it to level 3 before they give up. Personally I don't care if they keep the location where it is because I play ATL and all I'll need to do is use a spellweaver to cast some thunderstorms with the other 20+ people that will be there at every spawn and call it a day.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
    keven2002 said:
    Violet said:
    keven2002 said:
    • Location should change to a place where there aren't so many "stuck" spots. It will make higher level things that spawn up there very hard to kill unless an archer is helping work the spawn.
    .Tell us you've never done a T2A spawn without telling us you've never done a T2A spawn.

    Spawn location is fine, even for tamers. In fact, this terrain keeps a single or two sampire from decimating the spawn. Long time ago this was one of our go to spawning locations (on tamers or tamer/sampire).  You don't need to kill every single mob of a spawn to get it to progress.  Those complaining about the location clearly have not done T2A spawns before.

    Boss health reset needs to be re-evaluated, especially for the smaller servers, unless the idea is for the boss to sit there for hours like it did with the Tokuno event spawn boss.  Not many want to help kill the tougher champ event bosses when they won't get a drop from it. 
    Tell us your sampire isn't any good without without telling us your sampire isn't any good.  :)

    I've done plenty of T2A spawns but I do not do this spawn for this exact reason. You are incorrect in your assumption though, but good try. I was actually trying to help the small shards like Orgin/Sonoma that have had trouble getting enough people to run the spawns in the past. With only a few people they usually only are able to progress it to level 3 before they give up. Personally I don't care if they keep the location where it is because I play ATL and all I'll need to do is use a spellweaver to cast some thunderstorms with the other 20+ people that will be there at every spawn and call it a day.
    So you don't like it and want easy button 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,624
    about the eggs... I know we can't turn in the ones from last year to this NPC
    but could we get a quest giver that would convert 10 of those for 1 of the counterfeit?

    i know i have been hearing from people how they didn't get all of theirs turned in last year.
    (they have been asking me, because for some reason they thought I was part of the dev team... 
    even though I have repeatedly told people that I test stuff when its on TC, 
    which is how I get my knowledge of stuff)
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
    about the eggs... I know we can't turn in the ones from last year to this NPC
    but could we get a quest giver that would convert 10 of those for 1 of the counterfeit?

    i know i have been hearing from people how they didn't get all of theirs turned in last year.
    (they have been asking me, because for some reason they thought I was part of the dev team... 
    even though I have repeatedly told people that I test stuff when its on TC, 
    which is how I get my knowledge of stuff)
    Can we turn in fellowship armor too ? Starting now means all old stuff should be allowed 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,162
    why not ?

  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
    Skett said:
    why not ?

    I'm not against it just it's never been allowed what's the reasoning starting it now 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,002
    I think I'm better with the boss being as is. It turns out to be much easier to kill then it first seemed.

    Last night I saw two archers run the spawn and the boss. All they did was pickle (like in baseball) the boss. It was a simple, highly effective tactic, and they killed it faster than the first group of six or seven I was with.

    --
    This evening two other people were at the spawn and we popped the champ. They both died and left so I was by myself to mess around.

    On a whim I switched out my skills to 4x120 Bard with 120 Necro/Spirit Speak. Because this boss has no ranged attacks of any kind, just a metric poo-ton of hp, you can actually run a Wraith Form Disco Bard. I dropped his resists with Discordance and switched the mastery to Fire (once again the lowest resist). Running both Tribulation and Despair along with casting Revenant and Evil Omen, I never ran out of mana. The casting drops your mana, but it's back to maximum by the time Tribulation/Despair wears off.

    I worked him down to 88% with a solo Bard! (and then boredom kicked in...)

    With other people working the champ, Tribulation would fantastic, and dramatically reduce this bosses kill time.
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,483
    Pawain said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel  since a non mount would work since the pet is always running around.

    A 100 skill Skree that just has Armor ignore would work fine for a pet. Do not change the magic.
    They come with Magery and Mysticism. Pet spells dont do a lot of damage but at least they will hit more things.  It will be running all over the place.
    thank you. I tried that on TC and as a 4 slot was doing better than my 5 slots were.
    I was by myself, so i didn't dare take it to level 2. And the scree has better time navigating around stuff

    There will be plenty of time to tame one now on a live shard, bond it, train it to 5 slots and have it skilled by the time the event starts.  I guess a 4 slot pet lets you have a mount, but you do not get to add maximum base damage until it is 5 slots.

    They are nimble little pets.  They love to chase things and do what they want.

    They are good for pirating also, but they can fall off your ship if you take a hard turn.

    That's why I just let them keep their GM skills.  Makes them disposable.

    Violet said:

    .Tell us you've never done a T2A spawn without telling us you've never done a T2A spawn.

    Spawn location is fine, even for tamers.
    What are these Sampires you speak of? Never see them in the open on LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 465
    edited January 29
    Hey @ Pawain or @ PlayerSkillFTW or someone who knows something about pets,

    Are there any viable AoE pet builds? Something that could hit the critters in the hilly terrain around the champ spawn?

    If there was, your tamer friends would be happy with you for sharing! The existence of such builds might also drive diversity in pet builds, power scroll consumption, and PvP in the months leading up to and during the spawn.

    If there aren't any viable builds, that's too bad, people seem to love playing with their pets. If there are, the above might be good reasons to leave the spawn where it is.

    The usual AoE dedicated pet is a FWW+PB (Frenzied Whirlwind+Poison Breath) Najasaurus. However, a decent chunk of this spawn will be immune or highly resistant to Poison (the Dread Spiders and Boss are completely immune). On the flip side, the boss is unable to harm a Najasaurus that is under Consume Damage. Another decent AoE pet, is a Necromage+PB Dread Spider (these love to Teleport too), but that has the same problem at this particular spawn of a lot of foes being Poison immune/resistant.
    A better alternative specifically for this spawn, would likely be a FWW+EG (Frenzied Whirlwind+Explosive Goo) Fire Beetle. The Explosive Goo is retaliatory, and will trigger even when getting hit with spells from range. You could also put RC (Rune Corruption) on the Beetle if you want it to be more useful against the Boss itself, but that will decrease it's AoE damage output (ability bloat).

    As for smaller shards having a hard time with the boss itself, a Disco/Tamer with a RC+AP (Rune Corruption+Armor Pierce) Fire Beetle drastically weakens the boss to group damage. My Disco/Tamer also uses this bow to further debuff bosses with HLA/HLD and really stack debuffs.

    Combining that with a Death Ray Tamer/Mage © using a 120 Disco+CB Triton, and you're looking at -14 to all Resists from 120 Disco (56/46/56/86/66 resists then), -10 Energy Resist during Death Ray, further halving all resists during Rune Corruption, further halving Energy Resist during Conductive Blast, and taking +10% more damage for 3 secs after AP. Fully stacking all those debuffs, and the boss goes from 70/60/70/100/80, to 28/23/28/43/14 for resists. Those two chars together, can make the boss melt like butter, especially with a group present.

    The boss itself has Paralyze, Dismount, Frenzied Whirlwind, Venomous Bite, Essence of Disease, and Aura of Nausea. He deals 50% Physical/50% Poison Damage, and appears to have a 20% chance to deal triple melee damage to pets/summons, and take half damage from pets/summons. He will target switch if you get near enough to him for his Essense of Disease aura to tick on you (so no vetting). The boss can damage/poison and potentially kill a Fire Beetle under Consume Damage with the usual 80/80/65/60/80 Resists, unless the Fire Beetle is kept cured/healed. If designing an RC pet specifically for this boss, go for 80 Physical/Poison Resist on your RC+AP Fire Beetle, or potentially even use a high Poison Resist Rune Beetle to tank and apply RC.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,984
    edited January 29
    keven2002 said:
    • Fishing pole, as many said needs some additional properties. Personally I think SC (no -1) would be a must. The pole could use some luck but shouldn't be anywhere near best in slot luck at 400+. I think 200-250 luck is about right. The only other thing I think it should have is maybe like +10% bait strength. The last tweak I think would be a nice touch since it's a vet reward is to make it a different color / different graphic than a regular fishing pole.

    After doing some more testing and speaking to a few others on TC1 it occurred to me that the fishing pole vet reward is like an unlimited junk proof fishing pole. That's pretty powerful given that people would no longer need to do the fishing quest to get those to use. That being the case, I think the fishing pole should only be SC (no -1) with 200 luck to match swords of prosperity; but have not bait strength as the item is already pretty powerful and better than any other fishing pole out there.

    I do still think that it should be a "rare" color though.

    Also @Kyronix - Any way we can get night sight added to those mutluks?? :)
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,576
    keven2002 said:
    keven2002 said:
    • Fishing pole, as many said needs some additional properties. Personally I think SC (no -1) would be a must. The pole could use some luck but shouldn't be anywhere near best in slot luck at 400+. I think 200-250 luck is about right. The only other thing I think it should have is maybe like +10% bait strength. The last tweak I think would be a nice touch since it's a vet reward is to make it a different color / different graphic than a regular fishing pole.

    After doing some more testing and speaking to a few others on TC1 it occurred to me that the fishing pole vet reward is like an unlimited junk proof fishing pole. That's pretty powerful given that people would no longer need to do the fishing quest to get those to use. That being the case, I think the fishing pole should only be SC (no -1) with 200 luck to match swords of prosperity; but have not bait strength as the item is already pretty powerful and better than any other fishing pole out there.

    I do still think that it should be a "rare" color though.

    Also @ Kyronix - Any way we can get night sight added to those mutluks?? :)
    Or make imbuable so we can add it ourselves;) i mean who wants to be OP in the dark
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,984
    edited January 29
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:
    keven2002 said:
    • Fishing pole, as many said needs some additional properties. Personally I think SC (no -1) would be a must. The pole could use some luck but shouldn't be anywhere near best in slot luck at 400+. I think 200-250 luck is about right. The only other thing I think it should have is maybe like +10% bait strength. The last tweak I think would be a nice touch since it's a vet reward is to make it a different color / different graphic than a regular fishing pole.

    After doing some more testing and speaking to a few others on TC1 it occurred to me that the fishing pole vet reward is like an unlimited junk proof fishing pole. That's pretty powerful given that people would no longer need to do the fishing quest to get those to use. That being the case, I think the fishing pole should only be SC (no -1) with 200 luck to match swords of prosperity; but have not bait strength as the item is already pretty powerful and better than any other fishing pole out there.

    I do still think that it should be a "rare" color though.

    Also @ Kyronix - Any way we can get night sight added to those mutluks?? :)
    Or make imbuable so we can add it ourselves;) i mean who wants to be OP in the dark
    No need to make imbuable as no other fishing pole functions like that (or vet reward). That's completely changing game mechanics which isn't going to happen.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,894
    Beedle said:
    I'd like to vote that the fishing pole be given the spell channeling attribute.  

    Also, will it wear out on Siege (have uses?) 
    +1 to spell channelling, and DCI +10 to protect the fisherman. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
Sign In or Register to comment.