Unable to stay logged in to forums

Currently I am unable to stay logged in to the forums on my computer. I sign in fine but every time I change pages I get logged out. I use windows 11 and the current IE. I have tried chrome with the same results, I’ve also cleared the cookie data. I can stay logged in and post from my phone. Not sure what the cause is but any help would be appreciated. I know others have or had the same problem?

Comments

• @Riner.  I have been struggling with this issue for quite some time.  I tried many different settings with cookies, cache, and password saving.  A couple times after deleting everything and auto save my password it worked, but then it wouldn't work anymore when trying it later.  The one thing i have noticed is that when it works I have 5 cookies on forum.uo.com, when it does not work I have 4 cookies on forum.uo.com.  I should be able to make this post cause i have 5 cookies at the moment.  So it appears to me it is an issue with the cookies not keeping the login info active when switching pages.  

It seems like it will eventually create that extra cookie if i just stay logged in for a while but i have not done much testing around that.  For example: It was not working this morning but i have been logged in all day and when i came back and switched pages it was working.  I tried it on my phone and it did not work.  But my phone uses the same Chrome account as my computer so makes sense.

My analysis is an issue with generating this 5th cookie but I am not able to go any deeper than that at this time.  I'll do some more testing with staying logged in and see if it starts working after a period of time.  Hopefully someone on EA/UO side can look into this cookie and see if they can find a solution.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    i've been having this problem for several days.
    Every time I click Recent Discussions it logs me out.
    It is very frustrating and has made me want to stay away from the forums.
    I hate having to reread everything because it keeps logging me out

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Ya something changed recently.  I press f5 after logging in. Then click sign in, and f5 until I stay in. Takes 10 to 20 tries sometimes. Better than it making you think you are logged in and finding you are not.

Silk browser still works on first try. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    I have never had this problem until the last 3 or 4 days and now it is constant.  What did you do UO?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    It works on my phone now, it was the one I used to have to log in a few times to stay in.

Now it is my PC, but I just keep a finger on F5 to do those 10 to 20 log ins fast.

Intermittent problems are difficult to fix in Electrons and Mechanics.  I'm sure they are in coding also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    Edge and Chrome both use the same webkit... which is why I'm on Firefox to post this.

I too am having issues with both Edge and Chrome with the UO Forums.

After I signed in, if I navigate to any part of the forums (change threads, browse categories, etc.) I'm immediately logged out.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    It looks like there might be an error in the Vanilla Forums configuration.

I tried logging in with Chrome, navigating to a thread and getting logged out.  Then I inspected the cookies to find something interesting...

Several variables were marked for domain 'forum-login.uo.com' https://imgur.com/a/j57HXlW

forum-login.uo.com is not a valid sub domain

I hope someone official is reading this <3
  • XroseXrose Posts: 61
    I have the same problem, its always been like this. Logs me out immediately once i sign in. Its a bit hit and miss to stay signed in.
  • NyreNyre Posts: 40
    Yeah  I had to Download Firefox today to get this resolved Maybe one day  the UO Dev team can fix this  when the time is available for them.  
  • I have been using the work around of log in, refresh the page and log in again.  Had to do it 38 times to make this post.  I have not been posting anymore to the forums because of this.  Would be nice to get this fixed.