Krampus Clothing items "colorability"...

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited December 2022 in General Discussions

To sum up:

1) Krampus Minion Hat - cannot be dyed AND doesn't takes the hue of the cloth used to tailor it;
    2) Krampus Minion Boots - they do take the color of the cloth used to tailor them and can be dyed with Tubs & Plant hues;
    3) Krampus Minion Earrings [Gargoyle Only] - Can be dyed with material appropriate dye tubs;
    4) Krampus Minion Talons [Gargoyle Only] - cannot be dyed (AND - I suppose: I don't have the receipe to create them - they doesn't take the hue of the cloth used to tailor them.

What sense has this difference in items colorability? :o

Mah...

Comments

• I have seen “hued” Krampus Minion Hats on VS. I have always presumed they came from crafting with hued cloth, but … now you say that’s not possible? So how are there hued minion hats?
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Were natural dyes tried? Pretty sure that’s how the hats are dyed at least. 
  • i tried every possible dye, myself, and kept getting the message that the item couldn't be died or that it had to be an artifact, blah blah blah ... i'd already made 18 hats for my vendors so i didn't try hued cloth
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    You could dye the hats for a small amount of time. Changed when they could not be made from barbed leather anymore.

Can dye them now if you use them as a transmog target.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    You could dye the hats for a small amount of time. Changed when they could not be made from barbed leather anymore.

As is for the Archlich Tabards. *NOW* I see a rationale: Selling more transmog potions! :D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

As is for the Archlich Tabards. *NOW* I see a rationale: Selling more transmog potions! :D
    You give them too much credit. We ask for tons of useless stuff to buy in the store. They don't add those.
    It's like they do not want us to spend money in the store.

It seems the items they make are like UO RNG or luck. Indecipherable.  Like the Demon cheek platter not giving a sammich when locked down.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

You give them too much credit. We ask for tons of useless stuff to buy in the store. They don't add those.

It seems the items they make are like UO RNG or luck. Indecipherable.  Like the Demon cheek platter not giving a sammich when locked down.

:D ;)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited December 2022
    Pawain said:

*picks up fallen pom pom*

I think you dropped this. Better be careful or you will end up on the Devs naughty list :) 
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

*picks up fallen pom pom*

I think you dropped this. Better be careful or you will end up on the Devs naughty list :) 

Do you think there is still space there? >:) :D