Would you like to see the spawn density turned up on your shard for Treasures of Archlich?

I'll put a poll out there for the event spawn density thread we already have going. I have still yet to see someone say they think the spawn is too difficult as it currently is. That being the case, I do not see why we shouldn't have the spawn density increased on the shards that it is asked for.

If you vote "Yes" then say what shard you would like it increased.

If you vote "No" then share what template you are using and why you think it's too hard?

If you vote keep it the same then also please share your template.

Based on the results of this poll I think we should get more feedback from the Dev team.
  1. Would you like to see the spawn density turned up on your shard for Treasures of Archlich?21 votes
    1. Yes - I'd like more of a challenge & more drops
      42.86%
    2. No - It's already too hard & I'm fine with the drops I get
        4.76%
    3. Keep it the same.
      52.38%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Lets have another December to Dismember!   Max the spawn on all shards!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    If you want higher spawn play on a more populated shard, simple as.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Max the spawn!
    Rewards are shardbound! Yucky!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited November 2022
    Interesting that majority of votes is to keep the spawn rate the same; yet nobody is saying why or what templates they use. I'm seriously wondering who is finding Deceit difficult or engaging; besides maybe on ATL where it gets pretty congested from all the people (and nobody kills paragons). 

I was using an old school warrior/paladin template with an outdated/subpar suit with very little issues (on Origin). I have yet to be overwhelmed and die. Only time it comes close is when I have EOO up for a paragon ram/poison else and something else hits me.

EDIT** - I did all chores/errands/etc on Saturday so yesterday was a day that I had 4-5 hours that I could have easily spent playing UO since nothing else needed to be done (those days are rare for me). Initially I was excited to think that I could actually just lose myself in UO for half the day but after about 30min of playing Deceit I became bored and switched over to walking around Khuldan. That was cool for about 45min but then I lost interest in that. So only a little over an hour of playing UO, I became too bored playing it so I shut it down and went to Home Depot instead to see what new gadgets I could buy.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited November 2022
    Think the shard can make a big difference.  On my shard most of the time everyone works together to bring down the harder to kill paras.  Sometimes players take them to out of the way places if there are not enough of us on to be killing them all the time.  Except for the afk keyboard app problem which appears now to be solved, think this event is playing out as intended at least on some shards.

Have to say though if you have more than 20 players at a time in the dungeon that would probably change my answer.  Think that would be more than the dungeon could handle based on it’s size.  Typically most of the time at night when I play it’s about six of us with varying skill levels.  During the day a few more than that.  Spawn rate seems about right when three or four players are in the same area on the same floor.  Spawn rate seems less in the large room at the entrance which makes it much more playable for lower level players.

Just a note, most of the players I know and see at these events are long time players and returnees that have recovered their old accounts.  Think the difficulty level is about right for us and promotes group play.
    edited November 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Sometimes players take them to out of the way places if there are not enough of us on to be killing them all the time.  
    This is what I'd like to know. Who really thinks the spawn is difficult? If so, what templates are people using? Personally I think the paragons for Deceit are hands down the easiest paragons out of all the events. I can solo every single one of them with both my sampire and warrior/paladin. Rams/PE might be tough for some but outside of that I cannot imagine people avoiding a paragon zombie.

Arnold - I'd also be sure to remind everyone that you are playing an eval mage with no necro/SW/mystic etc so that template can easily become overwhelmed due to the AOE spells like meteor swarm and EQ only doing so much damage (meteor damage is decrease as targets increase and EQ only does X% of health). As I mentioned in the other thread; you are choosing to play a less efficient template because you like the template. If you adding SW to that template, you would instantly start clearing entire rooms of spawn and your opinion might change.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Sometimes players take them to out of the way places if there are not enough of us on to be killing them all the time.  
    This is what I'd like to know. Who really thinks the spawn is difficult? If so, what templates are people using? Personally I think the paragons for Deceit are hands down the easiest paragons out of all the events. I can solo every single one of them with both my sampire and warrior/paladin. Rams/PE might be tough for some but outside of that I cannot imagine people avoiding a paragon zombie.

Arnold - I'd also be sure to remind everyone that you are playing an eval mage with no necro/SW/mystic etc so that template can easily become overwhelmed due to the AOE spells like meteor swarm and EQ only doing so much damage (meteor damage is decrease as targets increase and EQ only does X% of health). As I mentioned in the other thread; you are choosing to play a less efficient template because you like the template. If you adding SW to that template, you would instantly start clearing entire rooms of spawn and your opinion might change.
    My bard mage with no eval does ok its not the monsters themselves its rhe lack of density and terribly slow respawn look at ice way smaller area but the little pockets were thick with fast respawn making using a potion worth it even with my fastest killers the spawn is too slow to justify a potion 
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:
    Arnold7 said:

My bard mage with no eval does ok its not the monsters themselves its rhe lack of density and terribly slow respawn look at ice way smaller area but the little pockets were thick with fast respawn making using a potion worth it even with my fastest killers the spawn is too slow to justify a potion 
    I agree with you. I can't justify using a luck potion with the lack of spawn density (specifically on Origin) because it feels wasted running around half a level with only 1 or 2 random things to kill before finding small pocket (maybe 5-7 things). I liked Hythloth because the respawn rate was super quick so I could pop a potion and by the time I cleared one end of a single level I could just work my way back down the other way and kill more. 

What is everyone using to record your gameplay? I think I need to show people an example of what I'm talking about and how bad it becomes when there is just 2 or 3 others in the dungeon.
    edited November 2022
    The last deceit and hythloth was the best. After that they over tweaked and think too much... wildfire was already too boring for me, the spawn is too sparse. I didn't even bother to get the ostard... I dozed off playing the game.
  • Isn't turning up the spawn rate with multi-boxers running around kind of asking for trouble?

Also on GL, for me the level of spawn hasn't really been an issue. Sometimes the spawn rate gets intense enough as to warrant withdrawal as it is.
    Isn't turning up the spawn rate with multi-boxers running around kind of asking for trouble?

Also on GL, for me the level of spawn hasn't really been an issue. Sometimes the spawn rate gets intense enough as to warrant withdrawal as it is.
    Nope, turn up please. At this rate its sl slow they shld extend the event another 3 months.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    This really doesn’t have to be an either/or situation.  With proper design the spawn density/difficulty could increase based on the level of the dungeon.  Level 1 can stay as it is, while 2-4 could get a significant bump.  Less efficient/experienced players can hunt level one or group up for more of a challenge on lower levels while others can jump straight to the tougher areas… I don’t see how that isn’t a win for everyone.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    username said:
    The answer.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited November 2022
    username said:
    username said:
    The answer.
    The rewards are shardbound.
    The reminder.
  • JamesJames Posts: 81
    All you need for Deceit is a Turkey!

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    You know a turkey around Thanksgiving would have been neat.