Other then Halawa's Hunting Bow, no other item is "Eodon Slayer" ?

As title says, is there any other item that exists, Weapon, Talisman or Spellbook or anything else that is Eodon Slayer, other then the Halawa's Hunting Bow ?

Thanks.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Have you met my friend google?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Anon’s spellbooks.  Think there are four of them.  Could be wrong on the number.  Priced at over 12 million each on my shard but does not appear they are selling at that price.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    What are you having trouble killing? 

There is a potion for one of the pit tribes.

Are you waiting to go to Deceit so no one is there anymore so you can complain about the spawn rate? 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • And to answer your question here.  Go look it up. Stop expecting people to do everything for you 
    Imagine the disappointment when he realizes how poorly they work 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Arnold7 said:
    Anon’s spellbooks.  Think there are four of them.  Could be wrong on the number.  Priced at over 12 million each on my shard but does not appear they are selling at that price.
    According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-eodon/

The Anon's Spellbook comes in Dinosaur Slayer, Eodon Tribe Slayer or Myrmidex Slayer.

No Eodon Slayer with the Anon's Spellbook, I am afraid....
    And to answer your question here.  Go look it up. Stop expecting people to do everything for you 
    Actually, I did.... and only found the Halawa's Hunting Bow coming with the Eodon Slayer....

Yet, I found that odd that no Talisman or Spellbook exists with the Eodon Slayer.....
    Grimbeard said:
    Imagine the disappointment when he realizes how poorly they work 
    Well, if the other Slayers work well, and players use them, why should those for Eodon be an exception and work poorly ?

Any particular reason for the Eodon Slayer to work poorly ?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I think the odd thing is that here is an Endon super slayer.  Their is not a Tram, Fel, Lish., or Malas super slayer that does double damage to everything that is there.
    If i recall velocity hitting messed it up
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    “They fixed that”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited November 2022
    Eodon Slayer applies to creatures that are not affected by Myrmidex Slayer, Tribe Slayer, or Dinosaur Slayer. Dinosaur Slayer acts as a Super Slayer (+100% Damage) when Reptile Slayer acts as a Super Slayer against the exact same mobs :/ (Dinosaur Slayer should really act as a Lesser Slayer for +200% damage then). Wild Tigers and Lions, or the Dragon Turtle are only vulnerable to Eodon Slayer.
    Eodon Slayer applies to creatures that are not affected by Myrmidex Slayer, Tribe Slayer, or Dinosaur Slayer. Dinosaur Slayer acts as a Super Slayer (+100% Damage) when Reptile Slayer acts as a Super Slayer against the exact same mobs :/ (Dinosaur Slayer should really act as a Lesser Slayer for +200% damage then). Wild Tigers and Lions, or the Dragon Turtle are only vulnerable to Eodon Slayer.
    Nonetheless, the question still remains.....

Is the Halawa's Hunting Bow the sole and only Artifact carrying the "Eodon Slayer" (not the Eodon "Tribe" Slayer which is an entire other slayer....) in UO ?

Not to mention that, to my knowledge, it is also not possible to imbue the "Eodon Slayer" on craftables....

Thus making, unless I am missing here something, the Halawa's Hunting Bow a unique and rather puzzling Artifact in UO given the fact that it is the only one Artifact carrying the "Eodon Slayer"....

And, if so, why is that ?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some trollish and non topical comments have been removed. Please post with courtesy and respect.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2022
    Remember of course, it comes as a Soul Glaive for gargoyles as well as a bow for humans/elves.

(and I agree with PlayerSkill's analysis).
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    popps said:

Is the Halawa's Hunting Bow the sole and only Artifact carrying the "Eodon Slayer" (not the Eodon "Tribe" Slayer which is an entire other slayer....) in UO ?

Not to mention that, to my knowledge, it is also not possible to imbue the "Eodon Slayer" on craftables....

Thus making, unless I am missing here something, the Halawa's Hunting Bow a unique and rather puzzling Artifact in UO given the fact that it is the only one Artifact carrying the "Eodon Slayer"....

Why do you need more Eodon slayers? 

Why did you not ask for Trammel, Tokuno, Ish or Malas Slayer? How about High Seas slayers? Does everything really need a reason?

I rather they spend more time improving the events, bugs or even finishing NLS.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2022
    Seth said:
    popps said:

Why did you not ask for Trammel, Tokuno, Ish or Malas Slayer? How about High Seas slayers? Does everything really need a reason?

The way I see it, Eodon cannot be compared with Trammel, Tokuno, Ilshenar or Malas and, this, because the creatures which inhabit Eodon are not affected by the other Slayers existing in the game..... hence, the various Myrmidex, Eodon Tribe, Dinosaur and "Eodon" Slayers were created "ad hoc" to deal with the creatures populating the Eodon facet....

According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/ , the "Eodon" Slayer is supposed to affect : 

All Creatures in Eodon Tyrannosaurus Rex

That is, as I read it, "any and all" creature that inhabit Eodon, included the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Now, isn't it odd that a "Super" Slayer that would affect "any and all" Creatures in Eodon, including the Tyrannosaurus Rex, would come only on the Halawa's Hunting Bow ?

Nothing for spellcasters, or for Melee Warriors and forget about Bards ?

And this is not odd ?

Go figure.....
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "i have read before that Dinosaur slayer doesn't work on T-rex...
    I would create a bug report for that,
    I mean, it's a dinosaur..

but i am trying to hold back on the bug reports, while they fix some more urgent issues that are losing customers

but hey looks like they've hired someone recently so i'd say go ahead and raise one"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Maybe a treasures of event in Eodon could happen and they could have an Eodon slayer spellbook as a reward ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:

The way I see it, Eodon cannot be compared with Trammel, Tokuno, Ilshenar or Malas and, this, because the creatures which inhabit Eodon are not affected by the other Slayers existing in the game..... hence, the various Myrmidex, Eodon Tribe, Dinosaur and "Eodon" Slayers were created "ad hoc" to deal with the creatures populating the Eodon facet....

According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/ , the "Eodon" Slayer is supposed to affect : 

All Creatures in Eodon Tyrannosaurus Rex

That is, as I read it, "any and all" creature that inhabit Eodon, included the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Now, isn't it odd that a "Super" Slayer that would affect "any and all" Creatures in Eodon, including the Tyrannosaurus Rex, would come only on the Halawa's Hunting Bow ?

Nothing for spellcasters, or for Melee Warriors and forget about Bards ?

And this is not odd ?

Go figure.....
    I don't this odd... it's like asking why Cameo only has 6 slayers and not the rest.

Well, the secret about sampire, or any warrior or mage is in fact the slayer... without this its far from OP, and will be more risky and dangerous to dive into a crowd of different creatures esp with heavy spell casters.

Without the slayers, a warrior relies on EOO and honor which is rather useless in a crowded situation.

So assuming there is No ele and undead Slayer, try going into a room with some paragons which does not need any life leech block. Say 1 Ram, 1 poison ele and 1 lich lord paragon. At most we can only honor one and fight all the rest without Slayer. I don't think it's as easy.

One way is to intro a new area for veterans without any Slayer but also don't block life leeching.

So i think controlling what is available as Slayer will help them design the game better than trying to block the use of a skill.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Rorschach said:
    Some trollish and non topical comments have been removed. Please post with courtesy and respect.

Not from where I sit.