Hit area missing from loot table and reforging for archery and throwing

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
edited November 2022 in Bugs
Bug / change request / issue:

It appears that hit area (fire, poison, energy, cold, physical):
  1. Does not exist in the loot table properties for archery and throwing weapons.
  2. Does not exist in re-forged properties for archery and throwing weapons. 
The link here shows hit area should appear for re-forging and loot for all weapon types.

You can imbue the property up to 50%, but that falls short of the 70% max for re-forging / loot.

Expected result:  hit area should appear in the loot table and re-forging results for ranged weapons.  OR, the documentation above should be adjusted.  OR, if the property was an "oops" on range weapons, it could be removed from imbuing choices, though this is the least desirable of the options listed here.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "(i made that table, sorry i'll get it corrected)
    but you know hit spell also doesn't appear on ranged weapons too on loot or reforge"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited November 2022
    “This came to my attention when updating the runic reforging page. And I too was considering raising a bug report. However didn’t as I assumed it was just a balancing issue. Given that ranged weapons can already have hit velocity, would be a bit over powering for a weapon to have say 70 hit lightning + 50 velocity.
    it probably is a bit late to remove it from imbuing menu.

perhaps then they should add hit spell and area to loot/reforge table but keep the caps at 50 (eg a yumi which deals double strike with 70 hit lightning + 50 velocity would be game breaking) At least then there’s a chance to get a ranged weap through loot/reforge with say 6 mods that is better than one you can imbue. 

there’s another oddity, hit velocity can’t be imbued on throwing weapons, only reforged (or loot) yet can be imbued on bows”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Apologies. the 'found on' section of the magic items properties page was edited at Mervyn's request. I took it on trust that his information was accurate. I will edit.
    edited November 2022
    “(It’s correct it says weapons, he is just being anal (in a good way) as it doesn’t include ranged weapons)

but actually if we’re going to be so specific,
    balanced only appears as loot and reforge on ranged weapons”
  • Mariah said:
    Apologies. the 'found on' section of the magic items properties page was edited at Mervyn's request. I took it on trust that his information was accurate. I will edit.

You mean Yoshi? Mervyn is banned if I'm not mistaken.
  • Mariah said:
    @Mariah, can you check with the developers first, to rule out whether loot table / re-forging can include hit area for ranged weapons?  It'd be a shame to miss an opportunity to increase the diversity with loot, and improve the available crafting options.  I'd say the same question should be asked for "hit spell" (lightning, fireball, etc) per Yoshi.

I see the same all encompassing "weapon" label for hit area in 10+ year old re-forging tables too.

As it stands now, the high end (major artifact+) loot drops for ranged weapons do suffer from lack of diversity.  They are disproportionately regens, and end up in the trash barrel very often.  This is a more general topic for another thread though.
    "I agree it is worth checking the intention with a dev because it doesn't make any sense that you can imbue those properties but not loot/reforge them"
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    Mariah said:

You mean Yoshi? Mervyn is banned if I'm not mistaken.
    He is allowed to post with someone else's account because reasons