The Good Vibe and Positive Shout-Out Thread!!!

I believe that most of us here are passionate about this game and enjoy more of it than not, yet it often seems that the negative experiences are what motivate many to post on these forums.
So, I have created this thread to help us focus on the things that keep us coming back to this 25-year-old game and to have a place to grow the positivity of the community.

What this thread is:

-a space to give credit to those things that make this such an amazing game; be they person, item, or environment
-an exercise in positive social-emotional thinking 

What this thread is not:

-a debate on whether a portion of the game or the decisions/actions of a person are good or bad
-a place to air out or continue personal grievances from game or forums
-a place to suggest changes to the game or changes to any other person's way of acting in this virtual sandbox

Please don't:

-Debate or post disagreement with any other commenter's sentiments in this thread. They have posted their subjective experience. One might not share their experience, but that does not invalidate the fact that they had that experience.
-Piggyback a negative opinion/belief onto a positive comment. This is a place for positivity only!

Please do:

-Leave a comment for any part of the Ultima Online experience that has given you joy, wonder, or a sense of belonging.
-Quote and leave a plus one for anyone else's comment that you agree with.
-Start your own thread to debate or disagree with comments posted here. [Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't give one the right to derail the purpose of this space.]
-Reread your comment before you post it. If your silver lining has a storm cloud in the center, then please modify it or post it somewhere else.

Comments

• Shout out to the Event Moderators who craft stories to give each shard a unique history and experience!
  • Shout out to the players who stock vendors with free/cheap items for new and returning players!
  • Shout out to the big guilds who coach and develop the newbies!
  • Shout out to the fabled fishing net tossers that give everyone opportunities for end-game loot and small soul forges!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm positive fishing poles should be weapons 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • HelperHelper Posts: 22
    edited September 2022
    Shout out and many thanks to Tatiana Thorn for the stacks of crafter repair deeds that are regularly left at Brit Bank on Atlantic!!!
  • Shout out to the Developers for a new Halloween Treasures event!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Looks like its gonna be a FUN ending to 2022!!!!!!!!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • A belated shout out to the EM's and Mesanna for all the work done at the faire. It looked great and the games were fun! I could have spent all day there and enjoyed it.

Looking forward to all that's up and coming with Halloween and the Holiday Season.

Thank you!
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited September 2022
    Goodness, where do I start?

First, I want to thank Urge here on this forum. After 20 years of playing off and on, Urge changed my game. I had worked champion spawns with a guild in the early years, then settled into crafting, piddling, and simple stuff over the years. Urge took the time to exchange messages with me that recently helped me finally tackle champion spawns solo. At the same time, I wish to thank Richard Sharpe over on Pacific shard for not only his video on tackling champion spawns solo, but answering many of my questions directly. Now, working champion spawns is my primary mode of play.

Mariah, for all her hard work moderating this forum. Truly, the patience it must take at times.

All the staff at UO for making this world possible for all of us.

Pawain, for the many times he has patiently given an answer to my questions that must seem noob.

Everyone here on this forum and at Stratics, that cares enough about this game to share their invaluable experience and know how.

UO-CAH, for their treasure trove of knowledge freely shared for all to game better in UO.

All the Reds, like Jesus, Puppet, Lazarus, Brass Monkey, rEdrUm, any many others, who killed me in the early years with such style and grace.

All the Roleplayers, like over at old Crystal Fens or Atlantic Community Boards, who, though I really never quite understood, made this world of UO so interesting.

People that actually took time to look at my cartoons. Yeah, they are silly. But, they are part of my experience in the game and carry some meaning in the life of my "characters."

I could go on and on, but another time perhaps.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Shout out to Ben for being a forever NOOB!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Pawain said:
    Shout out to Ben for being a forever NOOB!
     :D 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Ben said:
    Goodness, where do I start?

First, I want to thank Urge here on this forum. After 20 years of playing off and on, Urge changed my game. I had worked champion spawns with a guild in the early years, then settled into crafting, piddling, and simple stuff over the years. Urge took the time to exchange messages with me that recently helped me finally tackle champion spawns solo. 

No thanks needed my man. Happy you're growing. 
  • NamelessJourneyNamelessJourney Posts: 133
    edited October 2022
    Having just returned, and noticed a few changes, I wanted to drop a thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post answers to questions that are relevant to the modern "UO" world. I've pm'ed some people to let them know I especially appreciate them, I'm sure I will a few others as well, I am very thankful for many of the posts I have read, even tho I don't post often in said threads. Also, if you're reading this, you're heckin awesome.♥
    Shout out to @Kyronix for his feedback communication:
     Pub 114 Feedback Thread - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

It has to be difficult to balance all the different wants from various populations of the player base!
    Shout outs to:
    @LilyGrace
    @Ben
    @Pawain
    @Urge
    @NamelessJourney

I love the positivity!