Gate opening griefing at Idocs

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited June 2022 in General Discussions
I have read about it several times and experienced it of the first time last night. I must confess I do not attend many Idocs  anymore but this just absolutely take the piss.

So Mesanna,   How can anyone actually be allowed to, and STILL be allowed to open a gate right by where people are hitting barrels? This just sends them to a random place out ofd the way of the bots, in this case a dungeon somewhere.......

And, with everything else how many Bots turn up as the timer expires????

Are EJ accts allowed at Idocs? or are people using master accts to grief players and multi box the barrels?

Please fix this exploit immediately

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    edited June 2022
    The new IDOC system was developed to make it easier to script and multibox IDOCs. This is what the devs wanted.
  • magrodnyc2magrodnyc2 Posts: 23
    you can easy just hold an object while walking and you will not go thru the gate.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Some may say this helps prevent non residents of the shard not be able to grab as many items.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    One solution for the devs to implement is for any person casting the gate spell within 5 tiles of an idoc to be automatically recalled to the center of the Fel Lost Lands instead of successfully casting the gate spell. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    “You get one house per account (+siege), why do people even place a house in trammel?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Pretty sure recall is turned off that close to the barrels.  Turning off the gate should be a no brainer.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have read about it several times and experienced it of the first time last night. I must confess I do not attend many Idocs  anymore but this just absolutely take the piss.

So Mesanna,   How can anyone actually be allowed to, and STILL be allowed to open a gate right by where people are hitting barrels? This just sends them to a random place out ofd the way of the bots, in this case a dungeon somewhere.......

Are EJ accts allowed at Idocs? or are people using master accts to grief players and multi box the barrels?

Not disputing the fact of it happening, I wouldn't know, I don't do IDOCs, but I did wonder about this part. How do you accidentally go through a gate to a dungeon? You get a message asking you to confirm when the gate goes to somewhere like that?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883

Not disputing the fact of it happening, I wouldn't know, I don't do IDOCs, but I did wonder about this part. How do you accidentally go through a gate to a dungeon? You get a message asking you to confirm when the gate goes to somewhere like that?
    It was a tram dungeon on this occasion. 

Given up reporting to the devs so if I do more idocs I will just run past while holding at item on the cursor.  Bit embarrassed I didn’t think about that before 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720

It happens more often on Atlantiic or Tram Castles anywhere. In Tram to another tram location there is usually no warning gump. A popular spot that they sent you is the Unbound Vortexs.(at least the few I went thru ...)
    gay said:
    The new IDOC system was developed to make it easier to script and multibox IDOCs. This is what the devs wanted.

And the old way was better because .........? I never did them the old way because of the scripting. It was waaay worse before. The scripters would bring 5 packies and within 10 seconds of house fall everything but the gozas and plants was in their packies. This new way is sooo much better. Is it perfect? No; but definitely much better.   
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    New way is much better.  Everyone gets a chance.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 174
    simple fix really, turn off the notification, make it so only the home owner can see when the house starts to go IDOC. That simple easy fix will solve alot of issues
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Kinda like the person who puts down house plots next to an IDOC so everyone gets moved over and over? I kinda like that one ;)

But yeah, always drag something when you run up to the barrels if there are a lot of people and you can't see...I love the guy that always sits on his swampy while hitting the barrels too.

People will always find a way to grief, you just gotta be smarter then they are.