Vendor search

Yeah, it's broken. 

uo.png 25.3K

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Please don't pay that much for those!   :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    Never  :D  I was trying to check prices. 

and i prefer prismatic lenses over M&S anyway
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Never  :D  I was trying to check prices. 

and i prefer prismatic lenses over M&S anyway
    Both overrated
  • They really need a developer whose only job is keeping vendors and safes performing perfectly.  Still can't believe how bad inflation has gotten, before you know it, we won't be able to see anything for sale, cause it will all be over 2p.  They really need to make the value numbers greater on vendors and safes.
  • and to make things even worst, every time we ask @Bleak to look or fix , they say, working fine!
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited April 2022
    If they want to fix vendors, they just have to lower the cap on commission vendors to no more than 10-50m.  The commission vendors were to make having vendors on lower population shards more feasible, not so people could keep over-priced items on their vendors indefinitely with absolutely no downside.  That simple change would remove a lot of bloat from the vendor search databases and lower prices. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Violet said:
    If they want to fix vendors, they just have to lower the cap on commission vendors to no more than 10-50m.  The commission vendors were to make having vendors on lower population shards more feasible, not so people could keep over-priced items on their vendors indefinitely with absolutely no downside.  That simple change would remove a lot of bloat from the vendor search databases and lower prices. 
    Glad I am not the only one that noticed this began with commission vendors.  Players have hundreds of single resources at 175M. Like a piece of wood or an ingot.

Plus all the higher priced items that belong there.

The ability to make those things be, not for sale, might help. If they were removed from the data base.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Violet said:
    Glad I am not the only one that noticed this began with commission vendors.  Players have hundreds of single resources at 175M. Like a piece of wood or an ingot.

Plus all the higher priced items that belong there.

The ability to make those things be, not for sale, might help. If they were removed from the data base.
    Even a simple nit display only works 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “I made a suggestion before that all items on commission vendors should automatically have their price reduced after x amount of time by x percent. 
    This suggestion was met with outrage by the populous. So much so the thread I think got closed.

i have many overpriced things on my vendors (price was okay at time of placing on vendor) but I am too lazy to reduce them and there is no incentive for me to do so.
    (i have more plats than I can spend, don’t really need more gold).

perhaps if they at least made it an option to opt in to an auto price reduction, I might take that option, then again, I probably wouldn’t lol”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    As a newer player I put my more expensive items on a vender that does not charge a daily rate.  Items on this vendor count towards my houses inventory but the game does not drain my bank account the way the commission vendors referred to in the other posts do.  Newer players need this kind of vendor.
    As for the one that charges a daily rate, I have some overpriced some stuff on those that I use once in awhile just as other players do and think this is fine since I pay UO a daily fee to keep it there.  For those with the higher priced items their daily rate may be more gold than is in my bank account but if they are ok with paying UO for that service that is fine with me.  UO apparently needs the gold.
    If all this stuff being stored on daily rate commission vendors slows down vendor search, maybe UO should look into revising its bank box policy.  $3 a month is just too much to pay every month to store a measly 125 items.  They might also consider revising their rules for increasing your house storage.  The $20 for a one time increase that really discriminates against players with smaller houses does not seem that attractive to me
    Don’t expect vendor search can be fixed given all the discussions complaining about it in this forum.  If you depend on it, just accept that you will have to check it several times a night and do what you need to do whenever it is working.  Personally, think it has been doing better lately.  Still have to wait awhile but have been getting fewer timeouts.  Really wish UO would just admit it can’t be fixed
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    There are vendors that don't charge a daily rate?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Feigr said:
    There are vendors that don't charge a daily rate?
    Yep, they started back in 2019. The commission vendor outlined at the bottom of this page: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/npcs-player-owned/
    Thx, whew that's a hefty commission though.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Feigr said:
    5.25% commission is so cheap! It comes from the selling income, not from your bank. Anyone with moderate funds could never have a normal vendor  with an item worth 100mil for more than a week with the daily rent price, he'd be broke if it doesn't sell by then.
    Archangel said:
    Feigr said:
    5.25% commission is so cheap! It comes from the selling income, not from your bank. Anyone with moderate funds could never have a normal vendor  with an item worth 100mil for more than a week with the daily rent price, he'd be broke if it doesn't sell by then.
    The things I sell are moving fast.  At 10 Million, and if you sell it in a day or two, the commission is more expensive.

But I do appreciate knowing there are commissioned vendors.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes 5.25% vendors are really great for newer players.  Most of the stuff I could sell for over a million when I first started took a couple weeks to move.  Would not dare to put those things on a daily commission vendor.  Come to think about most of the good stuff still takes a couple of weeks to move.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904

I don't mind if there is a cooldown timer for each search like some skills, just to combat VS spamming and overloading the server. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs