Castle Contest Vote Reset?

So, on the main page it says they reset voting but when I go to the stone there are no vote buttons. They supposedly reset the vote after I originally voted. Did they not open it back up to voting? @Kyronix @Mesanna
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2022
    Weren't you one of the players that wanted it reset? Don't ask for things if you are not going to pay attention afterwards.

Yes it was reset and opened.

(I voted the first day and have not returned. I guess my vote will not count)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    edited January 2022
    Pawain said:
    Weren't you one of the players that wanted it reset? Don't ask for things if you are not going to pay attention afterwards.

No need to be an @$$. Yes, I requested it. Yes, I paid attention. Yes, I went and tried to vote AFTER so called reset. There are no vote buttons. Meaning, I cannot vote because there is NO BUTTON. Did you even read my post? I stated all of this there. What I am saying is I CANNOT vote because there are no buttons to allow me to vote. Get it? Or do I need to draw you a picture?
    ICQ 568300481
    Pawain said:

No need to be an @ $$. Yes, I requested it. Yes, I paid attention. Yes, I went and tried to vote AFTER so called reset. There are no vote buttons. Meaning, I cannot vote because there is NO BUTTON. Did you even read my post? I stated all of this there. What I am saying is I CANNOT vote because there are no buttons to allow me to vote. Get it? Or do I need to draw you a picture?
    Voting wasn't going to end until the 25th so it has not ended. Maybe they decided to give you some time to look at all the designs and they will open voting again.
  • @Pawain Yes, I know the dates. But my understanding of the word "Reset" would be clear all the votes off. My further understanding is that they said it was reset after they took TC1 down and brought it back up. My further understanding is that they encouraged us to vote at that point. What I am saying is that there are no buttons next to the entries to allow me to vote. So, either my account is bugged OR they did not open it up for voting. This is what my original post is all about. Nowhere in the official uo.com post say that the voting would be turned off until I personally had time to view all of the castles. Maybe @Kyronix could shed some light on this. BTW, that is why I tagged him and Mesanna in the original post. Got it buddy, or do I need to use smaller words for you? ;) 
    ICQ 568300481
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Are yoy trying to vote with a paid account or an EJ account.
  • Paid account.
    ICQ 568300481
    Paid account.
    I heard a rumor that the voting was reopened and had to be closed again.  I'll let someone who gets a thrill from bashing the devs report on that.

So I have not been on test center so I will accept what you are saying applies to everyone.

In the meantime check on the status of the voting each day and give feedback on the designs you like, so others can identify with them.
  • From UO.COM:

"Greetings Everyone,

We have reset all votes for the Custom Castle contest.  All eligible houses have been added to the voting list by us so there is nothing you need to do.  The voting dates have not changed so be sure to cast your vote for your favorite castle.

We apologize for all the confusion with the Castle Contest.  This was an error on our part.  We have brought TC1 down to fix the issue and it will return within 30 minutes.  We appreciate your patience with us!

Good Luck,

UO Team"

So, am I just misreading this? What I understand:

1. All the votes were reset. This included the vote I made BEFORE the reset.

2. All the houses were added.

3. No change in the voting end date but ALL the votes were reset and we need to vote again.

4. They're sorry for their error.

5. They took TC1 down to fix said error.

6. They appreciate our patience.

Questions:

1. Has anyone who voted initially gone back and tried to vote again? If so, were you successful?

2. Has anyone else who initially voted NOT been able to vote since the reset?

If they have not turned voting back on I am fine with that, I just want to make sure my vote gets counted. I am a paid account.

ICQ 568300481
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Yes I voted before the EJ scam was found out and after they reset the votes
    but I re-voted before the dragon guy issue and roped off stone  
  • Thanks @Skett. Looks like maybe when they put the rope off they broke the voting. Looks like we are narrowing down the issue.
    ICQ 568300481
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Here´s my data, not sure if it helps any:
    I didn´t vote before the issue. The ropes are up. The vote-buttons are there for me.
    (Haven´t tried voting yet as I´m not yet sure how I´m gonna vote)
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Voted on the first day, votes were reset, I voted again before it was roped off no problem. 
    edited January 2022
    So, on the main page it says they reset voting but when I go to the stone there are no vote buttons. They supposedly reset the vote after I originally voted. Did they not open it back up to voting? @ Kyronix @ Mesanna
    Well as I said in the first reply they did open the voting again.

There are lots of players voting and looking right now.

One of these things happened to you.

1. They fixed it after you posted. But not one other poster said it did not work today.
    2. You walked thru the EJ gate earlier and you can not vote because your toon there is EJ.
         You can test this by making or copying another toon to TC. The new toon could vote.
    3. You already voted on that account.
         You can test this by making or copying a toon on TC. If the new toon can not vote, you already voted.
    4. You do not understand the menu.

In the future you should ask if others can see the vote icon instead of accusing the developers.
  • @Pawain
    I realize you are just trying to add to your post count. But please, for the love of all things holy, stop trolling! You came out attacking me and adding absolutely NOTHING useful to this thread. I have been playing since Beta and I understand menus in game. I have already given all the information about what happened but let me clear it up for you, since you don't seem to be able to read.
    1. YOU'RE WRONG. They did not fix it after my post. For me it is still broken. I voted BEFORE the reset but cannot vote.
    2. YOU'RE WRONG. I have 5 Paid accounts and zero EJ accounts as stated in the part above where I said it was a paid account.
    3. YOU'RE MOSTLY WRONG Yes, I did already vote but it was BEFORE the reset.
    4. YOU'RE 100% WRONG I is able to reed and rite just fyne. But perhaps you could use a little more tutoring in how to read.

In conclusion, I get really tired of reading your troll statements. Is there a way on here that I can block you from my view? Or better yet, if you would actually read the post and the threads instead of just adding to your post count by slapping up some dumb@$$ reply that clearly shows you did not read the thread, that would be great. Simply put, if you cannot add to the post to help out, keep your yap shut.

I imagine this thread will get locked now because I attacked you. I am fine with that. I am just sick of posting here trying to get a little help and get trolled on. Have a nice day - Somewhere else!
    ICQ 568300481
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081

I imagine this thread will get locked now because I attacked you. I am fine with that. I am just sick of posting here trying to get a little help and get trolled on. Have a nice day - Somewhere else!
     :D 
    IBTL 
    edited January 2022
    That is a shame that you are the only player that cannot vote.
  • @Pawain ; That is a shame that you are the only troll on this thread. Get that post count up buddy, way to go. I knew you could do it! Way to go champ! Cool story, bruh! U da man! Congrats on getting another lick in there! I wish I could be more like you!!!
    ICQ 568300481
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Please stop. Be kind and listen to one another.
    @ Pawain  That is a shame that you are the only troll on this thread. Get that post count up buddy, way to go. I knew you could do it! Way to go champ! Cool story, bruh! U da man! Congrats on getting another lick in there! I wish I could be more like you!!!
    I am the only one trying to help. I gave 5 reasons for this to happen. If I were trolling the mods would have said so. 

Did you send or make new toons to test center and try to vote with those?

You have not said you did. You did not say the result of what happens with a new toon trying to vote.

All you have done is accuse me of trolling and have given no details of how you are trying to resolve this.

I would make new toons on each account and see if they can vote.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes honestly Pawain has a way of rubbing people the wrong way which I will never understand.  He is just blunt and to the point. 

All of his questions and  statements are valid. I did vote prior to the re-set and my votes were re-set and I had to vote again. I don't know of any other person that cannot vote after the reset. I did ask once on TC, might want to try that when there are a lot of people on. I asked the people in my guild that voted and they all said that their votes reset as well.

We don't know what you did...if you did vote on an EJ account that might have effected it somehow in the system.

If you did not, then I would e-mail mesanna or page a GM on test center to see if they can find the problem because as far as we know, you are the only one with this issue